Florida police chief fired after prostitution arrest

Rainman

A Florida police chief who was caught seeking out the services of a prostitute has been fired. Unfortunately for him, the person the "prostitute" he approached was an undercover detective. The man claimed that it's stress that had driven him down that slippery slope.

Funny thing though is . . . after calling the number provided in an ad which was being used a trap to lure in those who sought out prostitutes . . .
[he] "stated that he wanted to do everything" and "wanted [the woman] to wear heels since he had a fetish for heels."
Had a fetish for high heels? Though he might claim this was his first time, his fetish for high heels implies that it's not the first time he was paying for such services.

thegrey1

Good riddance! When you're crooked, you gotta go! The 1st. time? Yeah somehow I doubt that! It's the 1st. time he's been caught! LOL

Gabe

I'm sure there are more in the woodwork, but you can't have one rule for one and another for everyone else. It seems that the sting would have taken some planning and there must have been a reason why they went to such lengths to get him. I wonder how they could be sure he would call the number in the ad?

stevesxs9

Incidents like that is definitely a good reason to weed out all non hackers so to speak. Everyone looks at and judge them based on certain expectations. Falling anything short of that is mostly a failing grade. The job is too important for anything less.

marcamm

I don't know why that officer blamed "stress" for doing such an act. If you're stressed, partly it's your fault. Another person might be causing the stress, but you can do something to resolve that. By doing this "filthy" scheme, he had just added more stress to his life. I don't know why among the many things he could do, hiring the service of a prostitute is the one he did to relieve his "stress. "There are so many things a person can do to relieve stress that isn't illegal.

"A problem cannot be resolved by another problem."