Gangs and Their Colors

blur92

Should biker gangs be allowed to wear their colors in public places such as bars? Because of what the colors represent, I would think this should be controlled. My boyfriend has been having issues with some at a bar. They have been trying to intimidate him by flashing their guns, etc. Plus, their colors say a lot about what they regularly do and are involved in. Aside from that, I think this would create tension between gangs who end up going to the same bar. What do you have to say about this.

Rosyrain

I think your boyfriend should cease hanging out at the bar you are talking about immediately. Even if he is not affiliated with anything, it does not sound like a situation that will have a good ending at all. I am not sure there is much that can be done about gangs and biker gangs wearing their colors because it is a free country and people are able to dress how they choose. Particular establishments can ban certain items from being worn though.

blur92

I think your boyfriend should cease hanging out at the bar you are talking about immediately. Even if he is not affiliated with anything, it does not sound like a situation that will have a good ending at all. I am not sure there is much that can be done about gangs and biker gangs wearing their colors because it is a free country and people are able to dress how they choose. Particular establishments can ban certain items from being worn though.

Sadly he works there; he cannot up and quit until he finds another job with good enough income. Luckily, he started working at a different bar that has a safer crowd. The training is not paid, though. Until they begin paying him he is stuck working at the current establishment.

missbishi

Well at least he'll be out of there soon!

Bars like that are always bad news. We don't really have any problems like this in the UK, at least not to this extent. Some pubs near soccer grounds won't allow rival supporters in on matchdays though - there can sometimes be a lot of fighting otherwise.

Rainman

Should biker gangs be allowed to wear their colors in public places such as bars?
Do criminals keep the law? So even if some law was be passed banning the donning of certain gang-related attire, enforcing the said law would be either very hard or impossible.
They're hardcore, vicious criminals, but they're low-lifes.
Because biker gangs tend to be violent and homicidal the best way to deal with them is have no contact with the them [at all] if you can avoid it.

Patrick

Get him to tighten up security at the bar, by talking to local police, or asking his boss for more protection. Installing CCTV would be a great way to deter such gangs from doing as they please since their actions would all be recorded for police scrutiny.

Gelsemium

Gangs are something really hard to deal with, so I am guessing that what they wear are the least of our problems, we should focus on what they do illegally.

blur92

Well at least he'll be out of there soon!

Bars like that are always bad news. We don't really have any problems like this in the UK, at least not to this extent. Some pubs near soccer grounds won't allow rival supporters in on matchdays though - there can sometimes be a lot of fighting otherwise.

Yeah, it can be pretty bad. The owner of the bar is even scared of them. It's mostly why she allows them there and does not tell them to take off their colors.

Gelsemium

That is bad... :( Well, if they aren't breaking the law what can she do really? But it's a scary situation indeed, I don't envy it.

PriscillaKing

Sadly he works there; he cannot up and quit until he finds another job with good enough income. Luckily, he started working at a different bar that has a safer crowd. The training is not paid, though. Until they begin paying him he is stuck working at the current establishment.

Hard luck for him. I'd hate working in a bar!

RingoBerry

Wearing their own colors or anything that identifies them as part of a gang simply puts a target on their backs. Others thinks its cool but really, they are just putting themselves in danger.