Have you ever been arrested?

KrustyKrabella

I posted a few minutes ago in a thread about being a strict rule follower, but then I remembered I have actually been arrested before!

When I first got married, my husband was an E1 in the Army and I worked nights as an auditor of a hotel. We had a baby and money was super tight. We let our car insurance expire due to non-payment. I got pulled over for a speeding, and got in trouble for no insurance and my license was suspended. Of course there were a ton of fees associated with that, and my husband wasn't always able to take me to or pick me up from work due to his duty schedule. So, stupidly, I was still driving. On my way to work, some kid failed to yield at a merge, and wrecked into my car. I wasn't at fault, but since I was driving on a suspended license I got taken to jail.

Oh my goodness. I cried like a baby. The arresting officer kept apologizing to me saying he knows how hard it is to try to get to work so you can pay all your fees so you can get your license back and how it was all a vicious cycle and that he felt awful in having to arrest me. I ended up consoling him by the time we got to jail!

Have you ever been arrested? Want to share why?

stevesxs9

No I have never been arrested before. I know there are all kinds of circumstances and scenarios, that can contribute to being arrested, but so far I've avoided all.

underdog

I have been arrested twice, fortunately I was under 18 both times. Both times were misdemeanors so I didn't end up with any type of serious record. It scared me enough that I have pretty much stayed clean ever since. I can't say that I have not walked out of the store with a piece of gum since but usually nothing intentional. It is not worth ruining my life for pretty much anything.

bala

Drat..I really pity you for what you have been through.You really must have been very bad on luck for stuff like those to happen.A sequence full of bad luck and events.I would never think of going through something like this.
If ever i am arrested for something,i will break down and wail like a baby,and i am sure of that.
This should serve as a warning for me.

kaitheteen

No, I have never been arrested and I don't plan on doing anything illegal anytime soon. It'll stay that way for a long time!

Whitewolf2578

Nope I have never been arrested. My Dad was a police officer so I was raised to be a good guy. The only time I have had to deal with a police officer is the one and only time I have been pulled over. But it was for speeding because they had just recently changed the speed and I wasn't paying attention. He just gave me a warning and sent me on my way.

Ricardo187

No, never, though, I didn't take the risk neither. I know how money can make your life hard, or well, the lack of money. My dad for example, drove a total of 5000km, from France to Germany and Germany to France, without car insurance. Cops pulled him over multiple times but never checked for insurance, for some reason. Then some time later, he had to bring his broke down van over to France, and drove another van with a trailer where he transported the broken engine van, while he doesn't have a license for such big trailers. He was pulled over, though, no license check. I call it luck, it's very unlikely that such things happen. Either way, it was all because of money, he just didn't have the money though he had to make the travels.

oraclemay

Thank God I have never been arrested and I have no intentions of this happening in my lifetime! However, stranger things have happened - look at the guy who was arrested for helping someone.

dariel2323

Thank God I've never had trouble with the law. I think that anyone can innocently be arrested. Life is so, and I hope to keep me free.

joshua minaya

actually i have never been arrested before and sometimes i ponder on what the feeling could be like if and when it happens. I often wonder would i be scared or will it just be a kind of cool feeling well we will never know until then

helaofthenorns

No. Never, and I don't want to be arrested! I like following rules. Call me goody-two-shoes, but I do love following laws and rules. Without them, I find myself confused as to what I should do. Also, I work for the government, so I don't think that being arrested will be a good thing for me even if it's just for a little thing.

headmaster

Wow, that was a sad story and yet uplifting about the cop who was so clearly distressed about having to arrest you. Now that is what you call a good cop.

My story is about bad cops who arrest us on fake drunk and disorderly charges and we had to part with an unofficial 'fine' (read bribe), to avoid having to spend the night on the cold concrete floor of the jail. This is a regular occurrence in this part of the world and might not end soon, because it is ingrained in the psyche of both the police force and the citizens at large.

LuckyGirl08

Sadly, I have been arrested twice in my life. The first time I ever got arrested was when I was 19. My stepsister got pregnant, her mom pressed charges on me, and they tried to charge me for accessory. Thankfully the charges got dropped. The second time I got arrested it was like a month ago. I was with my brother, husband, and two of my cousin-in-laws. One of my cousin-in-laws done something stupid, I didn't know, and we took him home. Headed home the police surrounded us and we all got locked up but was released after giving a statement.