Hello! Aspiring officer here.

diecarmona

Hi, my name is Diego, I'm an aspiring officer currently living in Spain. I was born in the US but moved here a couple of years ago for financial reasons. I'm still young (20) and recently I have started pondering if I want to keep studying or join the Police force. I have decided to join, and will be doing it next month. Wish me luck!

I hope I can contribute a lot to this forum, I'm liking what I'm seeing. Thanks for reading.

Gelsemium

Welcome to the forum Diego, I hope you have a great time here. Good luck on becoming a Spanish police officer!

Teens In Crisis

Good luck!

If you don't mind, what made you decide to join? What were the pros/cons of becoming an officer? Is it different there than being a cop in the US?

diecarmona

Good luck!

If you don't mind, what made you decide to join? What were the pros/cons of becoming an officer? Is it different there than being a cop in the US?

Thanks!

I've always wanted to be a cop. It's always been kind of a fantasy for me. I didn't join the US because I was busy studying at the time. Now I don't have the money to study and I meet all the requirements for joining in Spain. I think police officers don't get paid as much here, but the financial benefits are better. I'd get every kind of insurance (as per EU law) and could work my way up the ranks if I get the job done well.

bala

Hey Diego..Welcome here,first of all.I did read through a couple of your posts and you really have some cool ideas and knowledge.Keep adding more value to our forum and don't wry about getting accustomed here.These guys here are so friendly and it will be quite easy for you.

Teens In Crisis

Man, I really wish that we had some of those benefits here in the states. They seem like a great incentive to do some realy rewarding work. How is the "service weapon" situation over there? Do cops typically carry? I know some countries don't really do things the same way, so I'm curious.

Fifty

I'm an aspiring officer myself - so welcome to the community and I hope you get the same value I've gotten from the little while I've been lurking ;)