How can I escape the punishment after I had been pulled over?

FuZyOn

I am asking this since sometimes I make dumb mistakes and I get pulled over by our fellow police officers. Some of them apply a form of punishment and some of them just let me get away with it.
I always try to be polite with them since they are not wrong to give me a ticket or something.

aparsons

If you deserve the punishment you will be ticketed, unless the officer is having a good day and decides to let you go. If make dumb mistakes, then you should be liable for those mistakes. Just focus on driving correctly and own up to any errors that caused you to get pulled over.

Gabe

If you do something wrong and you know it, you should expect punishment and not try to get out of it. Accept responsibility for your actions and don't make mistakes, because they can cost lives. Sorry to sound harsh, but why try to escape something when you have made a mistake. Own up and learn from it. If they fined you $1000 each time you made a mistake, you would be more careful and not make them?

Gelsemium

If we are pulled over and we broke laws I feel it's pretty hard we can escape, at least it never happened to me. Usually I take my punishment, pay the fine and learn the lesson. :)

JoanMcWench

I feel like I've answered a very similar question to this one before...

Anywho, I always try to make them laugh. If they're in a bad mood it's almost a guarantee I'm going to get ticketed but if you can improve their day a tad they might be lenient in dropping one on you for something forgivable.

missbishi

Sorry to be blunt about this but the only way you will escape punishment is by becoming a more responsible driver and not getting pulled over in the first place. Just be pleasant and civil when you are pulled over - if you aggrivate the cop in any way, you'll be sure to get a harsher punishment.

kana_marie

Banned
I've never gotten out of it. As a matter of fact, a SC state trooper pulled me over for 55 in a 45. He wrote me a ticket for everything he could think of! I even got a ticket for driving without my license in my possession. I think that was unnecessary and nit picky!

Profit5500

I am asking this since sometimes I make dumb mistakes and I get pulled over by our fellow police officers. Some of them apply a form of punishment and some of them just let me get away with it.
I always try to be polite with them since they are not wrong to give me a ticket or something.
If the officer pulled you over for the right reasons then you have to accept your mistakes. If you were to be combative with the officer when you know your wrong then that would defeat the purpose of owning up to your mistakes.

Rainman

You could try to plead with the police officer to let you go "that one time." Not that it would make much of a difference but you never know. Sometimes a cop may decide to let you off if the offense isn't that serious. But as others have mentioned the best way to avoid punishment is . . . to be more careful?

Nate

I've noticed if you are honest, and not so nervous and fake looking, they will give you a warning most of the time. It's almost like sales, you gotta know how to talk to people. Don't be a smart ass. Of course there are MANY cops who will give out the ticket no matter WHAT.