How can I find someone?

rachel

I have been out of touch with my brother for a number of years. When I last saw him he was engaged in criminal behavior. My mother will not tell me where he is. I suspect he may be incarcerated. Is there anyway I can find him if he is in prison? If so, how would I go about it? I have searched through social media.

Profit5500

Have you tried to call up the jail facilities? That can be your only way to find out. Other than that I don't know what else to tell you.

milyjohnson

Sorry to hear that about your brother. I'm not really sure how you would go about finding him. If you know what area he's in, you can search the prisons in it. Maybe their website will have a way for you to check the prisoners in the prison. My friend's bf is in prison and she was able to find him through the prison website.

bala

Is there something like Haebus corpus.I do not know much about it but i know it is a wide search by the cops to find out a person and bring him to the court,just to state that he still is there.
This is a like a order from the court to produce him within some stipulated time.

Rainman

If you think your brother is in prison then try to find out where he was last seen. If someone is arrested in a particular country for criminal activity within that county then quite obviously they'd be imprisoned in the same county. Get in touch with personnel in charge of prisons in that country and ask them if they have inmate who goes by the name of . . .
Many prisons and jails have online databases for locating inmates
I've never tried searching for someone who is in prison on the web but I've heard that some county jails have websites with searchable databases. That too, could be helpful.

bala

If you think your brother is in prison then try to find out where he was last seen. If someone is arrested in a particular country for criminal activity within that county then quite obviously they'd be imprisoned in the same county. Get in touch with personnel in charge of prisons in that country and ask them if they have inmate who goes by the name of . . . I've never tried searching for someone who is in prison on the web but I've heard that some county jails have websites with searchable databases. That too, could be helpful.

I too reckoned it might have something to do with jail,but stating the obvious might hurt someone.Just like what we too feel right..:p.OP might have held good thoughts on her bro maybe..
Oh wait..is online tracking available for prison inmates..?

js85

Definitely check prison/jail databases. I've (unfortunately) been in your exact situation with my half brother. I can find him on his local correctional facility, with charge and release dates and all.

cpefley

Do you know where he might be in prison at? If so, try calling the prison and asking for his inmate ID. You should be able to at least write to him that way.

Rainman

Oh wait..is online tracking available for prison inmates..?
Some county jails have websites with searchable databases. you simply type a name and a list of inmates pops up. But not all jails/prisons are yet to embrace technology and make it easier for someone who wants to find an inmate do that easily. I think more prisons/jails should do the same thing. It would save them time trying to check records for people who think someone they know is in jail.

Lin

Some county jails have websites with searchable databases. you simply type a name and a list of inmates pops up. But not all jails/prisons are yet to embrace technology and make it easier for someone who wants to find an inmate do that easily. I think more prisons/jails should do the same thing. It would save them time trying to check records for people who think someone they know is in jail.
Wow, and then again, you could exhaust yourself in searching these databases and still your brother is not in the country or is deliberately in hiding. Who knows where he is? Not to be negative, but he could even be dead. I think the best thing to do is a public announcement using the media (international media if possible as well).

js85

That's kind of a dark way to look at it. I would at least start at the most probable things, which the OP must have some reason to believe, rather than something so drastic and drab.

AlexF15

You could probably track their number online or something like that. If you know them in real life, just look up their number and address, and their full name.

Marishu

You can try to call the police stations and asked if your brother is in jail. Sorry about your missing brother I hope you be able to find him soon and hope he's okay, stay positive is the key never be negative while always make it worst.

GemmaRowlands

If you think that your brother has been in trouble then the best thing to do is, as a few other people have said, contact prisons to see if he is in any of those.

Just another thought, though. Have you tried searching on social networking at all? There are very few people who are completely untraceable - even if he doesn't have profiles of his own, you should be able to put a message out to other people who have known him in the past, and some of those might know where he has ended up.

I do hope that you find him, though, as it seems that you're not going to be able to rest until you have done so.