How do You Feel About the South Carolina Case?

How do you feel about the South Carolina case with the Police Officer? Do you think he deserves to be charged with murder? In my opinion, he does. The guy was clearly walking, or I should say running away when the Police Officer was shooting him. Some people will argue that he had a taser on him and the officer feared for his life. However, I still do not feel it was right even if that was the case. I am wondering how fellow officers feel about this situation.

Rainman

The police officer was not in danger when he shot the man. Video evidence confirmed that. So in this case there's no "my word" against "theirs" scenarios. He will be charged with murder. And I hope that he gets a life sentence. Other cops will learn from him never to shoot suspects who are running away from "the long arm of the law."

Peninha

I agree, I don't feel that a taser is something life threatening, so if he was running what was the need to shoot him? I don't think many police officers will stand by his side on this.

JoanMcWench

I think what's more damning than the man running & being shot in the back (because even that has been explained away before) is the fact that the officer appears to have dropped the taster next to the victim after confirming the man was dead. That's damning evidence.