How much does the academy cost, and can you use financial aid?

laurelbell85

Hey! I would like to say thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I'm currently getting my bachelor's degree in criminal justice and I'm looking to either be an investigator or a prosecutor. I know, 2 completely different job descriptions lol. Anyways, to be an investigator in the Orlando, FL and the surrounding cities, I have to be a patrol officer first. So, in turn, I would need to go through the police academy. I have heard it is pretty pricey and I was wondering, what are the payment options? Can you use financial aid to pay for it?

greensat

Remember, there are always other options. If things don't quite work out for you, you can always try and do something else. No ones going to blame you.

laurelbell85

Remember, there are always other options. If things don't quite work out for you, you can always try and do something else. No ones going to blame you.

I would hope no one would blame me. I just do not feel patrol officers get paid enough to deal with the things that they deal with on a day to day basis. What are my other options?

ally79

Well, I am in Georgia and here it runs just a little over $3000. I know that you can use financial aid and payment programs to pay for it though. Good luck to you no matter which choice you make!

laurelbell85

Well, I am in Georgia and here it runs just a little over $3000. I know that you can use financial aid and payment programs to pay for it though. Good luck to you no matter which choice you make!

Thank you!!! I had no idea I could use financial aid! I may end up looking into it. I mean, investigation is something I'm REALLY good at and I think I would be amazing at it. My passion is law...so I'm torn...law school or police academy. Luckily I still have another like year or so to make that decision.