Husband Fatally Shot Wife at Doctor's Office

Rainman

A woman fleeing her husband whom she'd been fighting, ran into a doctor's office and begged the staff to call police but before they could do it, the man shot her dead. After committing the crime, the man then fled to their home which was nearby.
and holed up there during a lengthy standoff with police

Yahoo News

Tear gas was fired into the house to flush him out. It was discovered then that he had a gunshot wound to his head. It's not clear whether it was an attempt to commit suicide or not.

Gabe

You think he would have stopped especially as he was seen and it was in public. I'm not sure if guns is the only issue here, but maybe relationships issues that can't be resolved too. Who knows what they were fighting about, but it must have been bad.

Diane Lane

This seems to be happening more and more lately. I don't think guns are the issue, other than in this case, the gun was in the wrong hands. If someone wants to harm another, s/he will find a way, regardless of whether there's a gun handy. Plenty of people have been run over, bludgeoned, stabbed, etc., during domestic violence incidents, or other attacks. A friend's husband went after their son with a machete years back. The son fought back, hitting the father with a heavy jar, which was the only thing available. The son, not the husband, was charged with domestic violence, because the father was the one with injuries when the police arrived. Until we learn to manage our anger better, and pass along those skills to others, these incidents will keep occurring.

missbishi

I think that if a person is in that state of mind, they would pick up anything in the vicinity that could potentially cause harm. It's clear that this guy wasn't in his right mind at all but sadly, we'll never know the truth about the matter.

dyanmarie25

This seems to be happening more and more lately. I don't think guns are the issue, other than in this case, the gun was in the wrong hands. If someone wants to harm another, s/he will find a way, regardless of whether there's a gun handy. Plenty of people have been run over, bludgeoned, stabbed, etc., during domestic violence incidents, or other attacks. A friend's husband went after their son with a machete years back. The son fought back, hitting the father with a heavy jar, which was the only thing available. The son, not the husband, was charged with domestic violence, because the father was the one with injuries when the police arrived. Until we learn to manage our anger better, and pass along those skills to others, these incidents will keep occurring.

Very true. A gun is just merely an object and won't be dangerous unless someone with an intention to murder gets a hold of it.

Josie

Yes.. people who have lost it and want to, will find a way. But we're ignoring the massive number of stupid decisions based solely on the heat of the moment and a gun being in hand.. and the many accidental shootings. The US boggles my mind on this...

jeremy2

Such incidents are becoming a norm nowadays. Broken marriages fueled by the harsh economic times are pushing people to the wall and the consequences are usually fatal.