If I ever get in minor trouble... what's the best way to get away with it?

Vickeree

If I ever get in minor trouble... like traffic violations or jaywalking what's the best way to behave and talk to a cop so that we would let me get away with it? So I could walk away with just a verbal warning or something...?

JoanMcWench

You know what's always worked for me? Make them laugh. If you're not acting super paranoid & stressed out they usually just chat with you. Make them laugh & maybe it'll be a tad easier to pat you on the back as you walk away from your life of petty crimes. :eek:

Vickeree

Perhaps a little bit of self depreciating humor and being super obedient and respectful to the cop will help. Do you have some tips or canned routine to make an arresting police officer laugh? haha

aparsons

I've only been pulled over once, for speeding, and was let off with a warning. I've found that being cooperative, friendly, and immediately owning up to the offence you have committed helps you. Right away when I was pulled over, I apologized for speeding, didn't attempt to make any excuses, and had my license and registration ready. As I had a clean record, and was being very cooperative, the cop let me off with a warning. However, if the officer is having a bad day, or even doesn't like the way you look, you may be out of luck. They do not HAVE to let you off.