Is short-sightedness in police officers acceptable?

Patrick

I think that having myopia or wearing spectacles would affect the performance of police officers in two ways:

1. Poorer aim, which is pertinent when you consider that they are trusted with firearms.

2. Less agile, as they have to take care not to drop their spectacles when running, jumping or fighting.

Do you think that short-sightedness in police officers should be allowed?

JoshPosh

Banned
You need to pass the shooting section of the academy to become a police officer. I would assume that wearing glasses is acceptable.

LongShot

What I am more concerned with officers using their fire arms when deadly force isn't necessary. They need to put more of a case on when deadly force is necessary in any situation. The sad part is that many cops think it is normal to just shoot someone to diffuse a situation.

cthulhurocket

I think that having myopia or wearing spectacles would affect the performance of police officers in two ways:

1. Poorer aim, which is pertinent when you consider that they are trusted with firearms.

2. Less agile, as they have to take care not to drop their spectacles when running, jumping or fighting.

Do you think that short-sightedness in police officers should be allowed?

Can't they just wear lens? Wouldn't that solve both of the potential problems you brought up? Actually I don't even see glasses as a problem — perhaps only when fighting. But you can run with glasses perfectly fine.

Gelsemium

A good eyesight is something very important for a police officer, but I agree that lens should do as well.