Jose Canseco Accidentally Shoots Off His Middle Finger

Anthony

Super Moderator
Canseco.jpg
Former major league baseball star Jose Canseco shot off part of his middle finger on Tuesday while he was cleaning his handgun at home in Las Vegas.
Canseco was apparently cleaning his semiautomatic pistol when the weapon discharged and blew off the middle finger of his left hand.
According to Canseco’s fiancee Leila Knight she said that Jose did not know the weapon was loaded. The shot "ripped through the middle finger on his left hand," Knight said.
Canseco was in surgery Tuesday night, Knight tweeted on Canseco's account. "This is Leila . Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.
Jose is in still surgery and will be ok. Please pray for his finger!!," she posted.
Officials say he may have his middle finger amputated.
[video=youtube_share;VXKXE2syBAs]http://youtu.be/VXKXE2syBAs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

SF13

That is horrible... but seriously how do you shoot your own hand when cleaning a gun? I'm still trying to understand the physics of that.

Gelsemium

Wow, what a news! So he was cleaning his gun and shot his finger by accident? How can this be, something was malfunctioning with the gun?

Muthoni

This shows how life is unpredictable. One moment, he was cleaning his gun and the next thing he knows, his middle finger has been shot. We have absolutely no control on what happens in our lives. We go about lying to ourselves by the plans we make. What is meant to happen will even if we are in bed fast asleep. I hope that he obtains the best medical care possible.

Allison2021

He has always pulled some stunt. I wonder if he were drunk when the accident happened. He is now suffering for past bad acts. I've read about this in the news. It appears nobody is sympathetic towards him. That's too bad but he brought that unsympathetic attitude on himself. That's too bad.