Jose Canseco Shoots off Finger

Rhoda D'Ettore

Was he messed up on 'roids when he shot his finger off while cleaning his weapon? I just don't understand how people can be so irresponsible. It is stupid incidents like this that makes gun ownership tougher for others. Stupid.

LongShot

He probably was on something when this happened. Though, people do stupid stuff like this all the time and aren't under the influence. So, I wouldn't put it pass it just being completely stupid.

Patrick

Honestly have no idea what people are thinking, cleaning a gun while it is LOADED. Many incidents happen because of people fooling around with loaded guns leading to accidental discharge. Honestly I think that tougher gun laws are warranted, at least individuals must pass some tougher proficiency and knowledge/handling tests before they can use firearms, with the potential to harm themselves and others.

shreklock

It's good that he didn't shoot himself in the head or killed anyone else. I think this story could have ended much worse.

Determined2014

Maybe he was under the influence of something, or maybe he had so much on his mind that he was not paying attention to what he was doing.

DancingLady

Why would someone clean a gun without unloading it first? That seems like common sense. People who can't exercise common sense definitely do make it more difficult for responsible gun owners.