K.C. Couple Shot And Robbed While Looking at Craigslist Car

Anthony

Super Moderator
craigslist.jpg
A Kansas City couple were looking to buy their teenage son a car listed on Craigslist, when the suspects shot and then robbed them, police say.
Authorities say four people are being questioned in connection with the incident.
Police say around 7:30 Wednesday, July 16, the couple and their 16-year-old son met a guy at an apartment on East 84th Terrace in south Kansas City. The family was interested in buying a 2007 Sonata they saw advertised on Craigslist.
Police said the family took the car for a test drive and was pleased with the vehicle. The father started talking to the seller about purchasing the vehicle. The seller said he needed go inside his apartment to call his wife and walked away.
Within minutes, police say two gunmen came out and demanded money from the couple. The couple told them they didn't have any money.
"The suspect stated, 'Give me the money!' When the victims stated they did not have any money, the suspects stated, 'I know you have the money, now, give me the money,'" according to the police report.
The gunmen opened fire as the father stepped in front of his wife. The suspects then grabbed her purse and fled.
The father was shot in the chest, stomach and legs, and the mother took one bullet to her upper arm. Their teenager was not injured. Neither his nor his wife's conditions have been released. The names of the family have not been released.
Police say the robbers stole the woman’s purse, which reportedly contained $3,000, and the couple’s car.
Officers later discovered the stolen car a few blocks away near KCPD’s East Patrol Station.
Police say this incident may be connected to an armed robbery hours earlier of a man answering a Craigslist ad for an Xbox.
Kari Thompson of the Kansas City Police Department discourages people from bringing a lot of to a meeting. “If something doesn’t feel right, use your gut, trust your instincts,†said Sgt. Kari Thompson.
The names of the suspects have not been released pending charges. Detectives said that more arrests are possible.
We’ll have more details when they become available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

Criminals are hiding everywhere, this is a sad turnout. The power of love is well highlighted here that the father of the teen shielded his mom with his own body. I pray that they make a full recovery so that they can enjoy and live out their love. For the suspects, their days are numbered. The police are on the case.