LA Woman Hides On Roof From Intruder

Anthony

Super Moderator
lawomanroof.JPG
A California woman wearing only a flannel shirt had to climb out her bedroom window and onto the rooftop in a daring escape from a home intruder early Wednesday.
Melora Rivera was laying in her bed, wearing only a flannel shirt, when she heard someone inside break into her Venice home. She grabbed her cell phone and quickly climbed out the second-story window and ran onto her roof.
“He managed to break one of these panels and reach in to unlock the door,†Rivera said. “Once I saw him in the house, I knew that we both couldn’t be there. I knew that I didn’t want to have a confrontation with him of any sort, you know, not knowing what his intention was.â€
Responding officers soon surrounded the house and were able to talk the suspect down around 9:30 a.m. Meanwhile firefighters raised their ladder and helped Rivera off the roof.
Police identified the suspect as Christian Hicks, 29, and took him into custody on suspicion of burglary.
A passerby spotted Rivera squatting below the second-story ledge as the man came into view. He took some pictures of the incident and posted them to Twitter.
Neighbors who recognized Hicks described him as a homeless person and was seen often in the neighborhood.
Hicks’ bail has been set at $50,000 and he has been charged with burglary.
[video=youtube_share;uV060o8Idp8]http://youtu.be/uV060o8Idp8[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetheart

Well this guy was something. Look how far he went. Probably saw this woman if he is homeless in the neighborhood. This doesn't look like burglary. I mean if he wanted to steal it would be perfect if the person who lives there runs and hides on the roof. You can steal then. He was obsessed with her or something. Venice is loaded with the unsavories. They are like the people from Mad Max and the Thunderdome around there.