Ladies lusting after pastors.

wameyo

I've been reading more stories of ladies going after their pastors. Married pastors. And that's not even the bad part. The worst of it is that the pastors succumb to the temptations of the ladies! What do you think of such scenarios? Who would you still have faith in your pastor after such a scenario?

oraclemay

This is difficult. The ladies should not be doing this, but they are obviously also looking for love. However, the pastor is in a leadership position and should therefor be much more responsible. The pastors I know are never alone with a woman. There office door is always open and a secretary or assistant is just outside or in the office. The pastor's wife is also often in a counseling session. Pastor's should know better than to put themselves in such positions.

It may be difficult to trust the pastor after this, but we are supposed to forgive and restore, after a time of counseling. We have to remember that a pastor is only human and we should be following Jesus, not man. Man will always disappoint.

Gabe

Naturally this is wrong, but as a pastor is seen as a confidante and a counselor, people get close and attached and those boundaries get blurred. Often people turn to people they trust and that's what happens and the pastor being human gets too involved and crosses the line.

bala

Naturally this is wrong, but as a pastor is seen as a confidante and a counselor, people get close and attached and those boundaries get blurred. Often people turn to people they trust and that's what happens and the pastor being human gets too involved and crosses the line.
Second that..Completely,just what i thought.The pastor is a human but on the "correct" side,he shouldn't be involved in anything like this.Maybe the ladies too shaould refrain from this,but honestly,this does not have a right or wrong part,it depends on the situation.

God this is confusing..:p
Had i been a lady i might have gone to a counselling session with the pastor..Lolz..

Diane Lane

I have a difficult time understanding this, because I am Catholic, and don't think of pastors in general as having sex lives, let alone getting married and having affairs with members of their flock. I worked at a different type of church in the past, so I obviously know that pastors from other denominations and faiths are not always celibate, but I just have a hard time imagining being sexually attracted to a man of God, let alone acting on the impulse. I've definitely seen more than a few shows about it on Investigation Discovery, but I just don't personally see the attraction. I'm sure there's an element of the forbidden, especially if one or both is married, but to me, this is similar to a therapist/patient relationship, and is a no no.

thegrey1

I think it's because women tend to gravitate toward powerful men, or at least those perceived as being powerful. The idea of a man in uniform appealing to a woman is not new, nor is it false. I think it works the same way with men of the cloth. It's up to the pastor to resist, especially if he is her counselor.

missbishi

I agree with other posters in that it's probably the ability to understand and the willingness to listen which attracts women to pastors. Looking half-decent is one thing but throw in these qualities too and you've got an instant hottie.

I suspect that they enjoy the individual attention their pastor gives them too. It is easy to see how someone who is going through a difficult time might mistake the pastors good intentions for attraction, particularly if they are stuck in a marriage where affection is sparse. Rather than stick their heads in the sand though, men of God would do well to recognize that this can happen and develop appropriate strategies to deal with it.

dyanmarie25

I think it's just alright to have a little crush on your pastor because somehow, their values, ideals, and principles are the traits that make them interesting and attractive, but it should never go overboard specially if he's already married. Of course, pastors should never entertain indecent proposals from their female church members because that's already inappropriate and considered worldly.

Rainman

You can't blame the women for going after the pastors but the pastors themselves have no excuse for cheating on their wives with these women. A married person knows they never should cheat on their spouse. It doesn't matter whether the person seducing them is Venus herself. Since they allow themselves to be seduced, all I'll say is that the pastors are as "bad" as these women.

lushlala

This is so very wrong on so many levels! I thought in those type churches, the women usually seek guidance and counselling from the pastor's wife, to guard against exactly those types of situations?! These women are shameful, and the pastor although infallible and as human as all of us, took that vow and knew what he was signing up for. He ought to know better.

-and where are all these hot pastors? I've never found any pastor appealing, if I'm being honest!

bala

You can't blame the women for going after the pastors but the pastors themselves have no excuse for cheating on their wives with these women. A married person knows they never should cheat on their spouse. It doesn't matter whether the person seducing them is Venus herself. Since they allow themselves to be seduced, all I'll say is that the pastors are as "bad" as these women.
Lolz..
You should have seen Priyanka Chopra's Video..on My Life My choice.
Quite contrary on the end to what you had stated..Lolz..:D

Diane Lane

This is so very wrong on so many levels! I thought in those type churches, the women usually seek guidance and counselling from the pastor's wife, to guard against exactly those types of situations?! These women are shameful, and the pastor although infallible and as human as all of us, took that vow and knew what he was signing up for. He ought to know better.

-and where are all these hot pastors? I've never found any pastor appealing, if I'm being honest!

I'm with lushlala, I've never found any pastor appealing. To me, they're in a category that totally negates sex appeal, and I can't imagine being attracted to one. :D

donnalynn47

This reminds me of the school teachers female ones going after their male students. It's beyond me what these women are thinking.

JoanMcWench

A pastor is a man. Period. As a man he is susceptible to everything 'normal' men are susceptible to. He's a representative of God that God did not directly appoint. Man appoints man & hopes man can be something different from what man has been defined as in the books we're supposed to use as a reference to said initial man's authority. I assume the women are looking into these guys as something more than they should. No God's before me & all.

stevesxs9

Temptation has and always will creep into every occupation of our lives. No profession is excluded. Now I would never condone any of these acts, I simply understand that the sin issue does not change because you become a Pastor, Policeman, Doctor, Lawyer ect. But as a Pastor I would think it would hurt your testimony with your congregation and community. It's a case of people paying attention to your actions and not your message, and almost makes it impossible for counselling and guidance Because there is no more trust.