Local Police Academies?

primalclaws1974

I don't know of any local police academies in my region. Even in the biggest city in Iowa, which is Des Moines, I am unaware of a school. Does one have to drive out of state to attend, or is there a police force that runs them? Iowa really only has three big cities, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, and Davenport. Do any of these cities have local academies?

shilpa123

I have never come across any such local academies over here. The onlyones that are present are owned by the government and I think it is best to not think about any other academy currently. I think they are some of the best available out there.

ally79

I am in Georgia and I know of four that are close to my area, or at least within reasonable driving distance. I am only about 50 miles south of Atlanta though so that may be why there are so many close to here. Several of the community colleges also have an associates degree program for criminal justice which also qualifies you for a job in law enforcement.

shilpa123

I think I have never heard about any local police academy as it is quite obvious that most of the people join the government academy more than anything else. It is not really great to join the local academy.