Man accused of shooting step-grandkids

Anthony

Super Moderator
grandad.jpg
A 72-year-old man was arrested for attempted murder after he allegedly shot his two adult step-grandchildren, police said Friday.
Michael Molle is in custody in connection with the shooting that happened at the home he shared with his step-grandchildren in Rossmoor, said Lt. Jeff Hallock, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Police say the shooting incident occurred around 8:25 p.m. Thursday.
"The suspect shot his step-grandson and step-grand-daughter during a domestic dispute at their Rossmoor home," said Lt. Jeff Hallock.
When police arrived on the scene they found the 22-year-old woman had been shot in the head, and her 20-year-old brother had been shot in the wrist.
Both victims were transported to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. The woman is in serious condition with life-threatening injuries. The male victim had treated and later released from the hospital.
A handgun believed to have been used in the shooting was recovered at the home, police said.
Authorities believe the shooting was caused by a domestic dispute, but no further details were released.
Police say the incident began when the suspect came home from visiting his wife in a hospital. He found the victims hosting a party without his permission.
Neighbors think Molle may have been mad at them for having a party at the home.
“I saw all these young people walking around the street,†neighbor Glenn Geoffroy said.
Shortly after that, Geoffroy said he heard sirens and the sound of police and paramedics on his street.
The siblings were recently told they had to move out, said a neighbor who did not want be identified.
Michael Molle is being held is being held at Orange County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This man must have been through so much stress with a sick wife in hospital. Maybe he just snapped when he came home to a party held by his step- grand kids. I am not justifying what he did. Anger must have spiked in his blood to an extent that he did not have a rational moment to think what he was doing. I hope that this was not premeditated; the police will shed light on the issue.

Strykstar

I think so too Muthoni, I can't even imagine his rage.
His wife in the hospital and he comes home to the kids throwing a party, I'm sorry to say but I understand perfectly why he lost his mind.