Man Allegedly Used Bow and Arrow To Kill Mom

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A man was arrested for allegedly killing his mother early Sunday morning. Police in Okaloosa, Florida say Michael Watkins, 42, has confessed to using a handgun, bow and arrow and a knife to kill his mother.

Police responded to a call around 2:45 a.m. Sunday on a complaint of “criminal mischief.†The dispatcher told police that someone was in her neighbor’s yard “knocking over Christmas decorations and yelling.â€

When authorities arrived, they found 65-year-old Gloria Watkins slouched forward in a chair with arrows in her head.

Watkins, who came out of the home with a large knife in his waistband allegedly pointed to his mother and told authorities, “You see that? That’s death.†He allegedly told police he killed his mother because she “stole his diamonds and also gave his father cancer.†He also claims he had to kill his mother because she was trying to kill him.

Police were forced to use stun guns on Watkins after he failed to comply with orders to get on the ground and reaching for his knife.
[video=youtube_share;bzHyp3GxFu4]http://youtu.be/bzHyp3GxFu4[/video]

Watkins allegedly confessed to police that he shot his mother three times in the head, shot her with a bow and arrow and a handgun and then stabbed her. While being interviewed at the police station, police asked Watkins if he knew why he was there and responded, ‘Yeah, I killed my f** mom,’ the police report stated.

Watkins was charged with murder and resisting arrest without violence.

A neighbor said the suspect moved in with his mother a year ago. “He seemed like an everyday person, pretty friendly," said neighbor Michael Troccoli. "I'm kind of shocked," he added.

Attachments

• MichaelWatkinsarrested.jpg
    MichaelWatkinsarrested.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,949
Last edited by a moderator:

Allison2021

I am beginning to wonder has there been a virus going around that spreads severe mental illness. Many of those wild and wacky crimes appear to be committed by those who are insane. The rights of the individual are outweighing the rights of all of society.
Those who are truly mentally ill should get locked up and put away for the good of society.

Onionman

"Stole his diamonds and also gave his father cancer". Where exactly do you go from there? As a reason for using a bow and arrow, a handgun and a knife on someone, I'm not quite on the same page!

Clearly this guy has many problems that were addressed by the right authorities. And you have to wonder how he slipped through the net.

Muthoni

I do not know the truth about this but someone actually said that there is an evil spirit that jumps into a person and controls their actions. Once the act is done, the evil spirit usually jumps out leaving the victim to face the consequences. Most people who commit crimes do not understand why they did it. Do you think it applies in this case where this man brutally kills the woman who brought him into this world?

Gelsemium

OK; this is a case like the ones we see on TV, those crimes that we think that never happen, but in fact they do, I hope he never leaves jail.

Strykstar

As soon as I read the title, I swear I though "this has to be Florida", I don't know why but this kind of freak crimes always seem to happen there, either that or the local media just likes to find these odd news stories.

pattycake

We all must learn the cosmic link between mother and child, and how it effects us. Not all of us will kill, but it does adversely effect us all if our mother did not nurture us. It's time for this to become common knowledge.

pattycake

As soon as I read the title, I swear I though "this has to be Florida", I don't know why but this kind of freak crimes always seem to happen there, either that or the local media just likes to find these odd news stories.

Nope. It's not Florida.

Remember, that Adam Lanza killed his mother and he lived in Connecticut.

dolittle94

What the heck! Was this guy thinking he was Daryl Dixon and his mom was a walker or something. I swear this sounds like something that would happen in The Walking Dead show. The stories on this site are surreal, not completely unbelievable, but definitely surreal.

Sweetheart

I am beginning to wonder has there been a virus going around that spreads severe mental illness. Many of those wild and wacky crimes appear to be committed by those who are insane. The rights of the individual are outweighing the rights of all of society.
Those who are truly mentally ill should get locked up and put away for the good of society.
Yes there is they call it "Contagion of Aberration". People give it to their kids and you can get it from hanging out with the wrong people. Living amongst a society that has the mentality.