Man Arrested For Fondling Amish Girls

Rainman

A man in Lancaster, PA, had been for several months entering people's homes and fondling Amish girls as they slept. How he managed to slip in, fondle the girl then slip out is a mystery. Good news for the Amish community though is, police finally managed to arrest the pervert.
Police have made an arrest in a bizarre case that had the entire Amish community on edge.

Residents in northeastern Lancaster County have been on high alert for months after hearing reports of a man entering homes and fondling young Amish girls while they slept.

Police were able to lift numerous fingerprints from at least one scene to positively identify the 27-year-old as the suspect.

He's being held on $50,000 bail.

Gelsemium

This is some scary news, how did the pervert managed to get in? In fact, it's great that he has been caught, but they should be more careful in the future.

ally79

That is just sick and I am glad that they have finally caught the perpetrator. What kind of sick mind would do something like that, and in the Amish community no less!

missbishi

What a weirdo! I'm glad he's been apprehended and I hope that his victims are not left with any psychological problems after this. You do have to wonder how he managed to sneak into houses undetected though - surely the community w ill be more security conscious now.

Kittyworker

Crimes against the amish are seen as a safe crime by many in the area around Lancaster because they are less likely to report the crime to the police. They try to solve problems on their own. While this can be an admirable trait in some circumstances, unlawful entry and sexual assault should not be one of them.

Muthoni

People have very weird behaviors; this man chose this path of fondling these girls. Good work to the police for apprehending him. I hope that he is rehabilitated so that he does not bother these girls again. I am also surprised that he was able to move in and out without being detected before he was finally arrested.

DancingLady

My guess is he got through a window that was unlatched or he knows how to use something to unlatch common types of windows. It is likely he escaped because the girls were too frightened to yell. waking up to someone touching you could easily put one in a state of shock where you don't remeber to scream until it's too late. I'm glad they caught him and I hope he gets a long sentence.

Shimus

I live in Pennsylvania myself, near Erie, so this news is kinda like whoa to me. I know plenty of Amish communities, and this is disturbing to say the least. That is one creeper type of low.

mrsbright

Weird story. You'd expect that if the girls were sleeping and woke up during the fondling (how else would they even know they were being fondled??), then they would at least be able to determine a few things about the criminal -- if only the way they sneaked out! As it is, it's just weird. A bit creepy, but definitely weird.

LitoLawless

Why do people do things like this. It's things like this that has me really, really scared for the human race. This can easily go on the list for stupidest things that someone can get arrested for. Although, home invasion is a pretty serious offense.

stevesxs9

Well that's one less pervert off the streets. The problem is he won't stay locked up as long as he should and instead of learning his lesson he will only become more bitter and feel the world owes him something for being incarcerated.

Shimus

Well that's one less pervert off the streets. The problem is he won't stay locked up as long as he should and instead of learning his lesson he will only become more bitter and feel the world owes him something for being incarcerated.

Yup. And now he'll fondle targets that are easier to get too (isolated normal american households) or harder ones (for a better thrill) unless he gets help and truly wants to change, which he won't - which is what you said, for being incarcerated he'll feel extra hatred.

jeremy2

The long arm of the law finally apprehended that pervert.As much as he had a fetish for young girls,he needed to reminded that his behavior was clearly that of a psychopath and he belongs to a mental facility but not before serving his time behind bars.

Kittyworker

Why do people do things like this. It's things like this that has me really, really scared for the human race. This can easily go on the list for stupidest things that someone can get arrested for. Although, home invasion is a pretty serious offense.

Some people are simply scum. Others are wired differently in the heads. I know thats a bit of a cop out for many people. There are a lot of people who have urges that they know are inappropriate or in some cases criminal and they learn to either live with those urges or find a safe legal outlet for them. People who learn to control their urges, no matter how inappropriate should be applauded as they may hate themselves for having them. This hate can lead to hating others and acting out on the urges. If they are given support they are less likely to hate themselves and therefore act out.

Please don't take this as my approval of what this scumbag did. Its not, I simply applaud those who DO NOT act on their urges.