Man Beheads Mother Before Jumping in Front of Train

Anthony

Super Moderator
Man-Beheads-Mother.jpg
A woman who was beheaded was found near an apartment building in Farmingdale, Long Island Tuesday evening.
Patricia Ward, 66, was killed inside her apartment by her son, Derek Ward, 35, who then jumped to his death in front of an oncoming Long Island Rail Road train, Nassau County police said.
Investigators say witnesses had seen the son drag his mother into the street and kicked her severed head about 25 feet.
"There was blood all over the floor," neighbor Nick Gordon said. "You can see smears going down the stairs as if somebody were pulling a body."
The son's body was located about a mile way, after the train hit him east of Bethpage railway station, law enforcement officials said.
[video=youtube_share;ZebLBjaXmDs]http://youtu.be/ZebLBjaXmDs[/video]
Patricia Ward was a professor at the university who taught language arts.
"The campus is a very sad place today," said Patrick Calabria, vice president of institutional advancement. "She was well-liked, well-known and well-respected," Calabria added. "Her department in particular is having trouble dealing with it.
We are providing counseling for faculty and staff. It's a tough day here. She was very passionate and devoted and loved working with students."
Police sources said the son had a "drug problem, apparently."
More details are expected to be released as the story develops.

Attachments

• mankillsmom.jpg
    mankillsmom.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 561
Last edited by a moderator:

SF13

I can't even begin to understand the level of crazy necessary to actually do something like this. Drugs can emphasize the situation and make it worse, but this guy obviously had severe issues even without them.

Gelsemium

I agree, to behead someone requires a level of craziness totally beyond my understanding. Cowardly enough he killed himself later...

Muthoni

Anyone who kills their parent especially their mom is not right in the head. I cannot understand why a thirty five year old male would kill his mom; he is not a teenager with fluctuating emotions. This is another fact of the dangers of abusing drugs. He killed his mom and himself as well; I hope that he receives the judgment due to him when he reunites with his mom in the worlds beyond.

warmweatherwoman

Boy this must of been a h*ll of a drug problem to be able to behead your own mother then jump in front of a train. I have to believe something is seriously wrong with this man to be able to behead his own mother.

headmaster

Sounds like the old story of Methamphetamine here. Although most drugs like cocaine and especially heroin are horrible, meth is in a class of its own, from users eating other peoples faces to this. The world needs to sit up to this relatively new man-made horror.

Gelsemium

Luckily I never had contact with that drug, but I guess it messes the brain up no headmaster because only an insane person could do that.

SamClemensMT

Beware pot smokers, a lot of weed is also laced with meth or other hallucinogens. This is truly disturbing, but its the world we live in. Nancy Regan was right when she warned the country to "Say no to drugs." .

shandrum

This is yet, just another crazy incident of people killing other people. The one thing that I notice lately is the number of beheadings that we are hearing about in the news since all this craziness in Iraq concerning ISIS or ISIL. It's a sad world we live in, whether it's drug related or not. I just can't imagine committing such an act or even knowing someone who would be capable of doing something like this.

Allison2021

That story I hoped was a hoax. However, I fear it is true.
That man was probably insane for years. However, his living with his mother sheltered him from the truth. He could not adequately care for himself. Does anybody remember Adam Lanza from Connecticut in 2013?
I will say it until we make policy changes. The current policy or the manner we use to address the insane citizens of these United States. The most crazy people do not have the ability to reason. Their inability to reason makes them more dangerous. However, the individual rights of the individual outweigh the rights of the general population to remain safe.

Last edited:

Sweetheart

A drug problem they said. Why though? Street drugs and prescription drugs cause more problems. I am pretty sure the statistics for px drugs is the highest for suicides and committing murder than any other. I am curious to see what drugs he had problems with.
You know what's interesting about Adam Lanza is he's coming up now as an actor and that incident was a stage act. His female lawyer turned up as a mother in the Sandy Hook thing. Showing them as both being a stage act. This incident of beheading his mother didn't even make the news here and I am in NY. Odd this guy killing his mother is like something out of "The Following" almost like a ritual or something. I don't think so but it almost seems like a gang thing, an initiation. Beheading someone is like ritualistic and a little more work than the run of the mill.