Man Facing Heroin Charges Brings Syringe To Court

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A Salem, Oregon man is facing a second count of heroin possession after he showed up to be arraigned at the Marion County Circuit Court on his first heroin charge.

Michael Durban, 23, allegedly showed up to the Marion Count Courthouse with a syringe and a cotton ball in his pocket. According to deputies, when Durban was going through courthouse security, they found a syringe and a cotton ball in his pocket that they believed contained heroin.

When the deputies pointed out the drug paraphernalia, Durban allegedly said, “I got mixed up. I thought I left it in my car.â€

He was taken to the Marion County Jail and charged with another count of heroin possession prior to his court appearance on the first count of heroin possession.

Attachments

• MichaelDurban.jpg
    MichaelDurban.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,511
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Ump? He brought a needle into the courthouse? Yeah, he got mixed up alright. LOL! And it appears that heroin is popular again. Is it?

Onionman

Clearly he's not the brightest knife in the drawer! He clearly needs to have a proper conversation with a grown up about the rights and wrongs of walking into a court with illegal substances. Maybe when he goes to court next time he'll remember.

warmweatherwoman

When people start treating addiction as the disease it is instead of a crime or criminal activity maybe then there will be true change in the world. This man obviously is addicted and needed to have it with him at all times.

Gelsemium

How dumb can someone be, taking a syringe to court is asking for even more trouble, that guy deserves to be in prison.

dolittle94

The stupidity of it all is astounding! If your going to do something like this at least have the sense to be smart enough to get out of it. Then again, anybody who does resort to heroin is already an idiot in my book. You might as well just plead guilty and be done, there is no way that he will be able to get out of that.

Sweetheart

This is non-sense you can't get into a court room with something like that. Security at the door must have been asleep. They are suppose to search you completely. The last several years there seems to be a huge fascination with heroin. Dangerous substance that is very addictive. It is processed from morphine which comes from opium. This is a controversial one. You can't grow opium here, but it grows wild in the US. The drug companies buy it from like Belgium or something and put it in prescription drugs. Better just to stay away from all of this stuff none of it makes sense.

Strykstar

Just how dumb can someone be?
Either that or he's the nicest guy in the world and brought his own evidence to help with the prosecution.

Allison2021

The PATHOS of addiction is amazing. That boy has a problem with addiction. That addiction makes him behave in a pathetic and despicable manner.
Our country needs a national conversation on drugs and the challenges drug users cause.
Their usage causes crime, and the rise of the Mexican Drug Cartels. Their usage causes the criminal justice and court systems to expand beyond a cost that our society can afford or maintain.
Their drug usage cost children to lose parental oversight. Unwatched children may become more vulnerable to predators and all of the social ills.
When will our society stop pretending that drugs do not affect all of society?

Last edited:

pattycake

The PATHOS of addiction is amazing. That boy has a problem with addiction. That addiction makes him behave in a pathetic and despicable manner.

I wouldn't say that addiction makes anybody behave badly because there's lots of people with addictions who carry themselves a lot more better and responsibly. Drugs can't create something that isn't there to begin with. Not even if a habit develops. The character of a person can be bad before a drug problem even starts.