Man Urinates On Paramedic Treating Assault Victim

Rainman

A Paramedic who had been called to treat someone that had been assaulted in a shop got the surprise of her life when as she attended to the victim, she felt a splash.

I didn’t know what it was at first but it became very clear it was a bodily fluid.

“I looked up and there was a man standing there, exposing himself to the whole street, laughing.â€
The man was later charged, fined and sentenced to 300 hours of community service.

Disgusting behavior if you ask me. Paramedics ought to be respected because in case of an emergency they'll be the first people to rush to your aid. Now if you urinate on them . . .

JoanMcWench

I would love to go out with a few EMTs, cops, & firefighters & have a drink. I bet there would be a flood a stories like that one from them. Seems like they get to see people at their very worst every day.

Gabe

It's disgusting how people behave these days. That man deserved more than community service and I hope it included cleaning public toilets with a toothbrush or something. I'm glad they arrested him, but either he has mental issues or really should not be part of society if he doesn't know what is acceptable and what isn't in society. Maybe they should send these people to police bootcamp?

Rainman

I also think think the court was too lenient. Or maybe urinating on people isn't a crime? At the very least they should have got him a harsh sentence for indecent exposure. Two years in the slammer would have been OK.

missbishi

300 hours of community service seems like nothing when you consider the work that paramedics do and the respect that they deserve. They save lives every day and merit more than this. Of course, if he'd urintated on a cop, it would be 2 years in the pen.

marcamm

That man is crazy! I mean, urinating on someone especially a public servant is a thing only people with loose hinges would do. Paramedics are heroes; they save lives. They deserve respect and admiration, attending to people in emergency situation is no joke. That fool should have been at least detained for some time I think.

dyanmarie25

The man urinated on the paramedic and laughed after seeing her shocked face? Gosh, he is totally out of his mind. He doesn't need community service, he needs to be put into an institution. Who even does that?

mrsbright

This really is inappropriate behaviour -- indecent exposure is a crime, urinating in public also gets you community service and fined, though I'm not sure if there is a specific law about urinating on people.

However gross and disrespectful this is, I am sad to say I'm not even surprised. I heard from paramedics how dangerous the job could get because, for example, if they helped in a side-of-the-road accident (no barriers, isolated places), cars would not bother to slow down or change lane when they would pass them by, which could be very dangerous! Obviously, people can be jerks. How can we prevent this?

jesuslover0314

Ugh! I don't understand what is wrong with most of the people in this world. Some people can be so stupid, and disrespectful! If I was that EMT, I wouldn't even care if I lost my job I would have punched him in his nose for peeing on me. That's a no no.