Maryland man arrested after taunting cops on Facebook

Anthony

Super Moderator
rogerfb.jpg
A man wanted by Anne Arundel County police for violating probation bragged, "Y'all will never catch me," in a comment under his own mugshot on their Facebook page Wednesday.
The incident began when Police posted 28-year-old Roger Ray Ireland of Edgewater, Md., for its "WantedWednesday†feature on their Facebook page. By doing that it prompted friends to tag his family members in the comments section. Ireland saw the post and decided to interact with them.
“Yo all yall people tagging my hole family bout my busines stay outta my business,†Ireland posted.
“Wait what?? Isn’t that him right above my comment??†someone replied, then posted: “Dude, Roger, it seems like you have kids and/or one on the way. Do the right thing for your kids and take care of this offense.
It will only be that much faster to get it over and done with. What if your own kids see this??!?â€
Ireland answered back to the "cowards" commenting about his business and said to the police, "Y'all will never catch me."
fbposts.jpg
After receiving several online tips from the public, officers said Ireland was taken into custody during a traffic stop in South Baltimore on Thursday.
"We appreciate our Social Media Sleuths," Anne Arundel Police Chief Kevin Davis wrote in a Facebook post.
Ireland is due in court for a hearing on Friday morning. According to court documents, an assistant public defender will represent him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

It is true that an idle mind is the devil's workshop. This Man had nothing better to do than taunt the police on Facebook? How foolish is that? The police are on top of their game using the social media to apprehend criminals who think they are very clever. I tip my hat to the police for keeping up with the times.