Mom Breaks Baby's Ribs

Rainman

An Allentown, PA, woman shook and squeezed her baby so hard that his ribs broke. The 5 week old baby had been crying "in the middle of the night" and the woman upset by that thought breaking his ribs would stop his crying.

[she] was arraigned Monday night by District Judge Karen Devine on charges of aggravated assault, simple assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

Some people never should be parents.

Gabe

Some people should not be parents and maybe the state should hold parenting classes or offer them at High School as there seems to be a lack of education in this area. Maybe it's a lack of common sense, but either way surely someone would figure out hurting someone would make them cry more? What is someone broke her ribs?

JoanMcWench

Wait, are you assuming that her intent was to break the ribs or she told the police her intention was to break the ribs? That seems like it's counterproductive to what she was trying to accomplish through shaking the baby.

Determined2014

Babies can be very annoying at that stage, since they do not communicate,but it does not give us permission to treat them like that, it only makes them hurt more, then they will cry more and they will get hurt more, so you are right,some people should not hae babies.

FuZyOn

I don't think she intended on doing that but still, a mother should be more careful with her baby. It is sad that people like this have children to grow. They should be put out of their parents duties ASAP.

hellonamesdan

What is with all of these horrific stories about parents killing or hurting their young children? Where do they think they can get off on this stuff?

I definitely agree; there are seriously a large amount of people in this world who are parents who really should not be. Mine included.

missbishi

One thing is certain - this woman clearly needed help. She shouldn't have been allowed to get to such an extreme state of frustration. I'm sure these incidents would decrease if support networks for new mothers were improved.