helaofthenorns

My husband and I have always been bothered by our noisy neighbors. They would always have parties that last until midnight. Sometimes, they would have shouting matches that worry us because these might lead to violence.

I want to call the cops, but I don't want them to confront us for doing so. What should I do?

Ricardo187

Call the cops anonymously and demand anonymity. Even then, it depends on the place you live at, some countries allow parties until midnight on weekends.

bala

You have the right to anonymity dude.Make sure you enact your right.Also if you really feel they are disturbing then you probably shouldn't be worried too much about them confronting you.Without pain there never is a gain right..?
Most rules are against mid night partying

DancingLady

If they are in violation of a rental agreement or neighborhood rules in partying that late then you should definitely call. You do not have to put up with someone breaking the rules and disturbing you and probably everyone else around.

Profit5500

The only thing to do is call the police and inform them of a noise that is coming from your neighbors home. I would not like to be bugged by late night nuisances.

KrustyKrabella

Have you tried talking to them first? Maybe they are unaware that they are bothering anyone. It's not a big deal to just ask them to please keep it down at night. I just don't think calling the police should be your first course of action. If you've already talked to them, I apologize :)

Profit5500

Have you tried talking to them first? Maybe they are unaware that they are bothering anyone. It's not a big deal to just ask them to please keep it down at night. I just don't think calling the police should be your first course of action. If you've already talked to them, I apologize :)
The only problem with going up to them would be risky since you would not be able to predict their reaction. I would just take it to the police and let them handle it.

helaofthenorns

We tried talking to them before. They said that they would stop making too much noise, and they apologized profusely. However, after a few weeks, they were making so much noise again. Thank you to all those who gave their suggestions. I will call the police and tell them the problem. Thank you again!

GemmaRowlands

If you call the police, there is no reason that they should find out that it was you who did it. There must be other people who walk by your home and hear things going on if you are able to hear it, so it stands to reason that there could be others who would want to report them. It is your duty to report them, anyway, because you don't know if somebody is getting hurt while they are arguing, so it is much better to be safe and get in touch with the police than ignore it and then regret doing so if something very bad happens.

milyjohnson

I was wondering about that too. In my neighborhood, the neighbors are always loud and playing loud music. For some reason, no one says anything to them about it. I don't usually have a problem with it until it's too loud that I can't go to sleep. Just recently, they were playing loud music until almost four o'clock in the morning and I had to get up at 7:30. I barely got any sleep that night.

wulfman

My neighbors complained to me about a noisy AC and the heat it was generating. One was kind about it, the other was a jack ass. But no police involved. And in a month I had the unit moved.

Lin

My husband and I have always been bothered by our noisy neighbors. They would always have parties that last until midnight. Sometimes, they would have shouting matches that worry us because these might lead to violence.

I want to call the cops, but I don't want them to confront us for doing so. What should I do?
I believe that you either move from your house, get some real good ear-muffs, or call the cops. I am not a cop, but this is my advise to you. If they will shut done churches for high noise levels, why not call the cops to shut down these sound systems that are disturbing the neighborhood?

DancingLady

You might want to look up your city's noise ordinance. If they have one, you can just let your neighbors know about it and that you would really appreciate it if they would abide by it. If they don't, at least they had fair warning it isn't just you, it's an actual rule.

sharpayvargas1

This is a typical situation that I always see on TV and movies. If they know their neighbors personally and they're kind of close, they have a choice to talk to them first before calling the police. Since you can talk to your neighbors, I think you can try one more time to explain to them that they are too loud. We can consider it as a fair warning and if still doesn't work, then you can arrive to the last resort.

madcat2k3

I live next door to someone who is always complaining about everything. We keep to ourselves generally and don't really talk to our neighbors, and this makes them very angry neighbors. I think there are a lot of people who are living in a situation like this where their neighbors don't like them because they don't strike up small talk, etc, and often go out of their way to make your life a living hell.

My point exactly? Guess there isn't one really, but don't be a stereotypical neighbor and call the cops. You need to be persistent and if they don't listen after a few times, then call the cops. Even though my neighbor hates my guts, if they asked me to turn down some music that was really loud I'd listen, if I refused a second time I would deserve the cops to be called, especially if it's later at night.

js85

Our police station has an anonymous text messaging service where you can even just text concerns, which might be easier if you don't even want to physically speak to someone!