Officer Pistol-Whips Suspect Out Cold After Attack

Anthony

Super Moderator
The incident began when Lt. William Weldon responded to a burglar alarm at a jewelry store where the entire incident was caught on surveillance video.

When officer Weldon arrived to the scene, he spotted the suspect, Isaac Hernandez inside the store.

In the video it appears Hernandez quickly gives up. As the officer grabs his handcuffs, Hernandez suddenly attacks him.

"I was afraid for my life I didn't know what to expect from him," Lt. Weldon said.

Hernandez puts officer Weldon in a headlock and the two started to fight for about two minutes.

In the video you can see Hernandez going for the officer's gun and at the same time gouge his eyes out.

At one point, officer Weldon was able to free himself. He pulled out his gun and hit him with it on the side of his face. The suspect, who was knocked out cold fell to the ground.

Weldon was taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released. He currently has two black eyes that resulted from the fight.

Hernandez was arrested and charged with aggravated battery on law enforcement and burglary. He is currently being held on a $12,000 bond.