Officer Who Survived Collapse of WTC Tower On 9/11 Is Retiring

Anthony

Super Moderator
lin.jpg
Port Authority Police Lt. David Lim is one of 16 survivors of the collapse of the North Tower of the World Trade Center. He will be retiring on Thursday. "There's an old expression for cops, you'll know when it's time to go," said Lim.

The morning of the attack, Lim was a PAPD K-9 cop stationed inside the South Tower with his canine partner, Sirius, when he felt the building tremble.

Lim put Sirius into his kennel and made his way to the North Tower. He began leading others to safety.

Lin and fifteen other people were going down stairwell B and made their way to the fourth floor where they became trapped for over five hours before they were rescued.

Lim has been with the Port Authority of New York New Jersey, for 34 years. Most recently he has served as a member of the PAPD elite K-9 unit patrolling LaGuardia Airport.

"I spent a lot of time on this job and obviously, I'm looking forward to spending more time with my family," said Lim. His wife Diane, a daughter, Debra, 26, and son, Michael, 25.

His police colleagues will honor Lim with a 2:30 p.m. Final Roll Call's and walk out ceremony outside La Guardia Airport Building 237.

"I've seen the best and the worst life has to offer in my 34 years," Lin said. "But it's time I commit some time to my poor wife."

"You realize that it's easier to stay home than to go to work.For me, it's now time to go," Lin said.

Last edited: