Officers turn their back on de Blasio when he speaks at Executed Officers Funeral

admin

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Police Officers who attended the funeral of officer slain officer Rafael Ramos turned their back to the monitor which showed mayor Bill de Blasio giving the eulogy. The officers instead of listening to the mayor. decided to chat amongst each other.

Officials have stated that the mayor has "blood on his hands" for the rhetoric that created a more dangerous atmosphere for cops and that led to the assassinations of Ramos and his partner Officer Wenjian Liu.

A large crowd of officers refused to acknowledge de Blassio, who quietly greeted Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and his wife before slipping into the funeral home.
The execution of the two officers as they sat in their patrol car sparked a tidal wave of anger toward the mayor from the cities police who turned their backs to him as he walked through the hospital corridor last Saturday night after visiting the grieving families.

Attachments

• officers_turn_back.jpg
    officers_turn_back.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 958
Last edited by a moderator:

Peninha

Re: Article: Officers turn their back on de Blasio when he speaks at Executed Officer

Now we have a political crisis between the mayor and the police officers, it's a big problem to solve and I don't know what the next step will be, the mayor has to do something about this.

Gelsemium

I think this is a good protest, non-violent and simply showing how they disagree with him, a great lesson!

missbishi

I thought that this was quite a brave protest from the police. They dared to show their discontent, even in the presence of their superiors. It was a simple action but extremely effective. Hopefully, this demonstration will give their case a bit more attention.