Oh, deer! Tell me its not true.

Anthony

Super Moderator
Oh, deer!!
“I went inside to get my gun, and when I came out, my wife told me that [the officer] said he couldn’t do it,” Anderson said. “She said he had tears in his eyes, and he handed his gun to a stranger — his loaded gun.”

“… And [the officer] gave his weapon to (the man) to shoot the deer,” Anderson continued. “You should never hand your weapon to a person in a crowd.”

http://foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/in...y-too-distraught-to-kill-wounded-deer-handed/

Muthoni

There are people however much they try cannot hurt an animal. I understand where the officer is coming from. It may not be professional handing over his loaded gun to a civilian but he did it with the best intention. At least the deer was put out of misery by someone able to do it.

Determined2014

At times it gets difficult to kill an innocent creature, but there are those who do not mind at all , they are able to do it with alot of ease

stevesxs9

Things like this is part of the Officer's job sometimes. And handing his gun to a stranger is unexplainable and careless.

shreklock

I though the stranger shot someone other than the deer, I was relieved when I read that wasn't the case. I don't even know why I would think that. Maybe too much internet for me.

askanison

I could kill an animal that was suffering and in pain easily. You are helping it. The officer probably caught a lot of flack for handing his gun over to someone in the crowd though. That really wasn't a smart thing to do.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I'm wondering if this was small town america and the officer knew the man. Sometimes in small towns, everyone grows up with everyone. There are people I have not seen in 20 years that still hear gossip about my business, and most are good people I would trust in such an event. I'm not saying this is acceptable, just plausible. Also, keep in mind this is Faux news we are talking about. Somehow an officer handing his weapon is wrong, but Fox broadcasting that ships were on their way to Benghazi, how many troops were aboard and what weapons they had was totally appropriate.

Onionman

Human relationships with animals is always a strange one to me, particularly when you look at how they act towards their fellow man. Admittedly, it must be quite hard to put down an injured animal but humans really do have interesting priorities at times!

jgon3491

That is totally unprofessional. I wonder if the police offer was reprimanded for his actions. Don't know why the police officer couldn't just wait until the guy got his own gun.