Ohio Man Admits to killing pregnant girlfriend

Rhoda D'Ettore

Yet again, another man kills his pregnant girlfriend. This insanity needs to stop.

The number one killer of pregnant women is the baby's father. One of the most famous killers who did this was Rae Carruth. That was such an incredibly sad case. That dying woman could hardly speak, but kept telling the paramedics and police his jersey number and team. When she could no longer speak, she grabbed a pen from the doctor's pocket and scribbled his name and jersey number on anything she could. That poor woman died and her mother raised the baby.

LongShot

The Rae Carruth story is simple said in makes zero sense on the part of Rae. Aspiring NFL player with a bright future but destroys it because he thinks killing his pregnant girlfriend is just something to do? What ever happened to being civilized and solving problems in a matter befitting of humans?

Gin0710

It's disgusting what lengths someone will go to do something completely insane. What sane person would do that to another human being? Why are there so many crazies running around? This is what happens when you shut down mental hospitals!

shreklock

If I understood correctly, the baby did not die? At least that's good, but it's sad story nevertheless. How many years did the killer get?

Onionman

It's crazy and senseless how these types of events can take place. Another terrible and senseless death. Using murder to solve a problem is simply very sad.

DancingLady

Did he actually expect to get away with it when he did it? If a pregnant woman gets killed, of course they are going to think the father of the child is automatically a suspect.

Determined2014

I wonder what the world has come to, people are killing each other like it is something normal or something nice to do, I guess we all need to be careful,because the world had drastically changed.

pattycake

In many cases, guys who do that do it to get out of the responsibility while making it look like they're a committed family man. So what they do is cook up a story of a disappearance or a perp attacking, but it's not hard to get the truth out of them. Simple drilling by the police is all it takes.

Popcorn365

This makes me so sad and it seems we are hearing about this kind of thing more and more. I had a baby 5 months ago and I just can't even imagine...The case that still gets me every time I think about this thing is Scott and Lacey Peterson...I just makes me sick

pattycake

This makes me so sad and it seems we are hearing about this kind of thing more and more. I had a baby 5 months ago and I just can't even imagine...The case that still gets me every time I think about this thing is Scott and Lacey Peterson...I just makes me sick

God bless you and your new baby. Much love to the both of you. And I feel you. It is a really sinister situation to be with somebody and start a family with who you think is your man, but who could actually plot to kill you and your unborn child to pardon himself from the picture and even worse, make himself look a dedicated family man.

Rhoda D'Ettore

The case that still gets me every time I think about this thing is Scott and Lacey Peterson...I just makes me sick

The Peterson case is extremely interesting when you know the area. The were multiple pregnant women who washed up on shore relatively close to Lacey. The reason she got the publicity? She was white/middle class and the others were minorities.

there are people who live in the Modesto area that believe Scott Peterson was framed and was guilty of nothing more than being a jerk who cheated. They think a serial killer was in the area. However, others argue Peterson knew of the killer and wanted to make it look like a victim of the killer.

Rae Caruth was sentenced to 18-24 years in prison, and is expected to be released in 2018. The child was raised by the mother's mother, however, he suffered disabilities (I don't remember which).

pattycake

Women need to wake up and be more attuned to reality. Sleeping with your enemy is not a wise thing to do.

Nate5

I just saw this on the front page on Police Station, and I can't believe I've just been hearing about this now. What a disgusting person, and what a heinous act. How mentally deranged do you have to be to attack a pregnant woman, where one fatal wound can cost two lives? There is no justification whatsoever, and I hope this man stays locked up for a very, very long time.

jeremy2

Yet again, another man kills his pregnant girlfriend. This insanity needs to stop.

The number one killer of pregnant women is the baby's father. One of the most famous killers who did this was Rae Carruth. That was such an incredibly sad case. That dying woman could hardly speak, but kept telling the paramedics and police his jersey number and team. When she could no longer speak, she grabbed a pen from the doctor's pocket and scribbled his name and jersey number on anything she could. That poor woman died and her mother raised the baby.

Am yet to understand how someone expecting a kid would,in a fit of rage,turn against the mother to be and kill her.My guess is that such individuals suffer from some mental illness or how else would you explain such behavior?

LitoLawless

Yikes, this is sad. Part of me wonders what the motive was, and the other part just wants him to rot in jail for the rest of his life. I really hope he gets charged with a double homicide. He doesn't deserve any parole either.

SamClemensMT

I have a great idea. We can avoid this in the future simply by never having sex with women we would want to be mothers of our children. It is evil to kill, and twice as evil to kill a pregnant woman. It's likely that the baby will die with the mother. And if the baby should survive, what shall we tell the child in years to come?

weepforsweep

These will be prevented if they would leave out all liable from the father to raise the child. In exchange for this, the father can never see his child.