Ohio Wedding Guest Tries To Steal Gifts

Anthony

Super Moderator
Ohioweddingguest.jpg
A wedding guest was arrested over the weekend after he allegedly stole gifts from the bride and groom, authorities in Ohio said.
Noah Howard, 29, was arrested after he allegedly stole from over fifty unopened wedding cards containing cash and gift cards totaling around $6,800.
According to a Dayton police, the suspect stole the envelopes from a safe in the office while the couple and their guests were enjoying the wedding reception.
Staff members of the facility called authorities after noticing the couple’s gifts were missing.
Before the police arrived to the scene, all the missing items were discovered inside a inside a tuxedo garment bag behind some trees near the entrance of the building.
Workers said the bag belonged to Howard. Earlier in the day he was let inside the office so he could change his clothes, the police report stated.
Surveillance footage shows the suspect enter the office and then leaves with the bag appearing heavy and swaying when he walked, according to the police report.
When the officers interviewed Howard he said he didn't know how the items got inside his bag, and also said that perhaps an employee placed it there.
Howard was arrested on suspicion of theft and has not yet entered a plea. He is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

headmaster

Now that is one nasty, lowlife. He seems to be a 'proffessional wedding crasher' like we have here in Kenya. The main intent of these crooks is to infiltrate weddings and steal valuables or fleece the guests there. Weddings should be card invite only.

LuckyGirl08

Now this is the first. I have never heard of somebody stealing wedding gifts. Someone must had told him where the items were located because I am sure he did not know. That is really low down though for real.

Peninha

LOL, so who invited this guy in the first place? I'd love to see the face of the person who decided to invite this "friend" for the most important day of their lives...!

Sweetheart

This is a pretty bold attempt. I wonder if he was a wedding crasher. I don't think he will be invited to anymore family events any time soon. A wanna-be gangster type. Taking candy from the bride.