Oklahoma City Paralyzed Police Officer Dies After Crash

Anthony

Super Moderator
Chad Peery a police officer paralyzed in an off duty incident in 2011, passed away this Sunday from injuries sustained in a car crash.
Officer Chad Peery, and his four children were all riding in a van on Sunday when a tire blew and the vehicle rolled down an embankment, according to a source.
“I knew Mr. Peery did not appear to be in good condition at the time,†state trooper David Brown said. “It hit me and my partner hard. I knew his story and his fight to get back to what he was.â€
In Feb. 2011, Peery was asked to remove some rowdy customers at a bar, there was an altercation, that left him paralyzed. Peery spent the last two years working really hard in rehab.
“He’s done everything to get over his injuries for his family and to have this happen, I don’t know what to say about it,†Oklahoma City FOP President John George said.
Peery and three of his kids were all thrown from the vehicle when it rolled, according to a source. Two are in still in serious condition.
Peery’s caretaker, was driving the van and the only person to be wearing a seat belt at the time.
“The Peery family lost a devoted son and a father,†Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said. “Law enforcement has lost a valued partner and brother. The community lost a public servant ad hero.â€

Last edited by a moderator: