Online "Bank for Criminals" busted in $6 billion money laundering case

DancingLady

At least they got caught. Money laundering is big business though. I'm sure there is a lot more going on under the table than we know about.

shreklock

At least they got caught. Money laundering is big business though. I'm sure there is a lot more going on under the table than we know about.

I agree, there's lots of shady businesses that probably launder money and the law can't do anything because they don't have any proof. As they say, you will never hear of the perfect crime.

Determined2014

That is a whole lot of money, many people are into this crime, it is about time they started bursting criminals for this crime.

Profit5500

I too am glad the crooks were arrested that is $6 billion dollars worth of money stolen. I mean that is like a huge slap to peoples' faces. I would hope these folks would now learn that you don't just steal from the government and get by.

askanison

The days of being able to launder money quietly is about over. There are too many alarms and agencies in place now that monitor this type of thing.

jgon3491

I'll never be able to understand how they can get away with it let alone how they do it.
They must be very good accountants or at least have someone who knows all of this.
Who knows where they learn all this from.

shreklock

I'll never be able to understand how they can get away with it let alone how they do it.
They must be very good accountants or at least have someone who knows all of this.
Who knows where they learn all this from.
There are a lot of talented people, it's really sad that they choose to go the easier way to make money. But sometimes they do turn around and that is documented on some movies, for example "Catch me if you can" (I really enjoyed this film).

Onionman

For every big bust like this, there are a number of others still operating and needing to be bust. It's the nature of money laundering, unfortunately. Having previously worked for a bank, and heard many stories about the lengths that people went to in order to launder money, we still have to stay vigilant.