Peggy Shannon, Great-Grandmother Claims Filner Harassed Her

Anthony

Super Moderator
Peggy Shannon, 67, has filed a sexual harassment claim with the state against Mayor Filner. Shannon appeared Thursday with attorney Gloria Allred, she claims San Diego Mayor Bob Filner kissed her on her lips, repeatedly asked her out and would call her "his girl" while she worked at City Hall.
She said that Filner would stop by to visit her at her desk a few times a day to ask her out on a date.
"My co-workers and I would laugh about it at first," she said. "But when it kept happening and it got more and more inappropriate, it was not funny any more," said Shannon.
Filner would ask Shannon to feel how soft and smooth his hands were. When Shannon would refuse to feel them, he would grab her hands. “See, my hands are smooth†she claims he would say.
The day Filner allegedly grabbed her and kissed her on the lips, Shannon said she left work and went home and cried.
"I was not sure how to take this contact but it was very disturbing to me," Shannon said. She said she felt “trapped and powerless.â€
Shannon also claims that Filner would brag about his sexual prowess to her, one time he asked her “Do you think I can go 8 hours straight?â€
"Are you kidding?" to which he said "No I can go eight hours," she claimed.
"Every day I went to work I had butterflies in my stomach because I did not know what was going to happen the next time the mayor came by my desk,†Shannon said.
Shannon said she would like to see the mayor resign immediately.
"It is long overdue for you to do the right thing and the right thing now is for you to go," she said.
“Apparently the mayor is no respecter of age, he is no respecter of marital status is no respecter of whether a person is an employee or not an employee. Women appear to be considered his sexual playthings. Is City Hall his sexual playground, is that what it’s supposed to be?†Gloria Allred asked.
Despite the growing list of additional victims that have come forward with claims of inappropriate behavior Filner has refused to resign.