Pepper Spray and Tasers

vinceasneed

I know that many of the police officers trained how to be shot in the face with pepper spray. Then they have to do certain things while the spray burns. I also know some officers have to be shot with a taser as well. I have heard stories about both. I am wondering how both of them feel. I have heard the pepper spray is not bad at first and then its much worse when you shower. I have heard the taser is painful but it is quick. If anyone has any experience with this and would like to comment, I would be very interested.

DancingLady

No experience, but I personally am more in favor of the use of pepper spray than of tasers. Pepper spray will not seriously injure someone, where as tasers have the potential to trigger serious medical issues if a person has a medical condition, which they may or may not be aware of. While I would advocate for tasers to be used by the police to prevent the need for using guns whenever possible, they still need to be used with extreme caution.

Vickeree

No experience on this as well but I would prefer short and quick instead of slow, long and agonizing pain.

In my opinion it would be a good idea for the police to use tasers and pepper sprays for ordinary civilians because pepper sprays are much more handy than a taser and probably less dangerous for the user.

I'm curious tho...What is more effective for multiple attackers? Pepper spray or tasers?

Determined2014

Pepper spray is much better to use than a taser gun, pepper spray does hurt and it also tingles the skin, and with time the effects eventually wear down, but a taser gun has some great side effects, it can even give one a lifetime heart condition.

sillylucy

My ex was in the Navy and he said that they did a training where they had to pepper spray him in the face. He said it was the worst feeling ever. They made everyone get sprayed in the face with pepper spray. I don't really see how this was "training," but it was done and mandatory.

Profit5500

I know that many of the police officers trained how to be shot in the face with pepper spray. Then they have to do certain things while the spray burns. I also know some officers have to be shot with a taser as well. I have heard stories about both. I am wondering how both of them feel. I have heard the pepper spray is not bad at first and then its much worse when you shower. I have heard the taser is painful but it is quick. If anyone has any experience with this and would like to comment, I would be very interested.
I only know through facts that the taser has these fish hooks that gets into your muscles and then shocks the living daylights out of you. Pepper spray burns and putting your face in a pool of water or pouring water down your eyes would get rid of the residue. It is hard to deal with but police officers have to be able to have endurance.

Whitewolf2578

This is actually one of the things that made me not want to be a police officer. My brother was telling me that you have to get tasered and pepper sprayed during training. That did not appeal to me, might as well just shoot me with a gun to train me. I know it is all for training, but that would just suck, people have been known to have heart attacks when getting tasered.

FuZyOn

This is a very interesting question. Both are very efficient in their own ways, but for tasers to be more effective you have to be very precise with where you tase them.
Pepper Sprays are much easier to use and are more recommended, but tasers are more effective.

Peninha

I think that police officers have to maintain order and defend themselves while doing it, but at the same time they should employ minimum force. So yeah, better pepper spray and tasers than guns for example.