Police Academy Physical Tests

vinceasneed

What are the requirements in order to make into the police academy in most cases? What are the requirements to graduate? I have heard that you have do so many push ups and/or sit ups among many other things. I read somewhere that some people who come into the academy don't really have any experience with law enforcement. But I would guess that there must be some rigor to the requirements to get in that all must have.

Muthoni

My brother went for an interview for police recruitment in our region. During the interview, they were required to run a 20 kilometer race. There was a specific height required; besides one had to have a clean medical report. My brother passed and was invited to train at the academy. He changed his mind at the last moment. He is a professional teacher today.

Vickeree

I think I've posted this before in another thread somewhere but the physical requirements for the Navy Seals is something like a swimming test, a run test and a strength test of push ups, sit ups and pull ups.

I'm not sure with the exact numbers under a period of time but I imagine the police academy would have a similar requirement perhaps maybe even easier compared to the Seals.