Police Charge Justin Ross Harris With Felony Murder in Son's Death

Anthony

Super Moderator
justin ross harris.jpgPolice have charged Justin Ross Harris with felony murder in the death of his 22-month-old son. Harris left his baby boy inside his car for hours in a sweltering afternoon heat. The temperature reached 92 degrees by lunch-time.
On Wednesday, Harris, 33, placed his son into his car seat then headed off to work at a corporate office near Atlanta. Unfortunately he forgot his son was in the back. He was supposed to drop him off at daycare.
After working all day Harris got into his car and headed home. As he was driving he was startled to see his son in the back of the car still sitting in his car seat. He pulled into a shopping center parking lot. Witnesses told police they saw Harris jump out of his car. He then pulled his son out and tried to revive him.
"He kept saying, What have I done? What have I done," witness Dale Hamilton told reporters. "He laid his son on the ground and started doing CPR, trying to resuscitate him. Apparently the child wasn't responding."
After an investigation, police arrested the grieving dad and charged him with felony murder and child endangerment.
"Until we more or less run out, a lot of the information that we are having to track down, right now these charges will stand," Cobb County Police Sgt. Dana Pierce said.
Harris and his family claim it was an honest mistake. People who support Harris and believe he has already suffered enough have raised about $20,000 for his defense. "The justice system can't punish Ross worse than he is punishing himself," one person said. "It will only cause more pain for a grieving family,"someone else said.
A person in the parking lot that witnessed the terrible tragedy said, "I can't imagine the hell and the guilt that the father is going through right now."

Last edited:

mairj23

This is very sad and I cant imagine what he's going through. The day to day stress of our lives seem to cause of mishaps like this. These types of things are happening all too often. May God help him.