Police release Unfinished Text From Alexander Heit While Driving

Anthony

Super Moderator
DENVER. Alexander Heit's final text was never finished. Before he could send his text, police say Heit had drifted into oncoming traffic, then he cut his steering wheel and went off road, rolling his vehicle.

Alexander Heit, a 22 year old University of Northern Colorado student died shortly after the April 3rd crash.

Witnesses told police it looked like Heit had his head down when he started to drift into the oncoming lane in the outskirts of Greeley, where the University of Northern Colorado is located. Police said an oncoming driver noticed Heit coming toward him so he slowed down and then moved over just before Heit looked up and cut the steering wheel.

Police say Heit, a Colorado native, had a spotless driving record and he wasn't speeding.

Police released a statement from Heit's mother saying she doesn't want to see anyone else lose a loved one to texting while driving. "In a split second you could ruin your future, injure or kill others, and tear a hole in the heart of everyone who loves you," Sharon Heit said.

Last edited:

Sweetheart

Yeah text and driving doesn't work. There are already enough distractions let alone to try and drive while texting. You've got to pull over. I don't even keep a cellphone anywhere near me when I drive. It is just not necessary when you are driving that is the most important thing to pay attention to.