Police Release Video Of Officer Shooting, Killing Suspect

Onthemark

attachment.php

The Muskogee Police Department on Friday released video recorded by an officer's body camera showing the officer shooting and killing a suspect he was trying to arrest.

Police officer Chansey McMillin shot and killed 21-year-old Terrence Walker on Saturday, January 17, 2015 after Walker ran from the officer who confronted him outside the Old Agency Baptist Church.

Police had been called to a wedding at a church to investigate a report of a man threatening to kill one of the wedding party guests with a loaded gun.
The video captures officer McMillin firing five shots at the suspect after he stopped running and bent down to pick up an item he had dropped on the ground. It shows Walker briefly turned toward the officer, who then fires his weapon.

When slowing down the video, Walker appears to face officer McMillin, with an object in his hand pointed at him. "It is our belief that the video clearly shows the suspect pointing the gun at the officer," the Muskogee Police Department stated.

Officer Chansey McMillin is on routine leave while Oklahoma State officials investigate the shooting.

Attachments

• MuskogeePoliceDepartment.jpg
    MuskogeePoliceDepartment.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,096
Last edited by a moderator:

jeremy2

Though i don't support the use of deadly force,i think this instance it was justified.The suspect flee and the cop in hot pursuit,had to act and think fast.The suspect had a gun and the cop had no choice.

Onionman

That was incredibly eerie seeing in video form. I don't think I've ever seen someone get shot like that. I couldn't actually make out the gun though I'm sure police technology will be able to make it out more clearly.

Kamarsun1

This is just crazy, I'm not sure if it looked like he was reaching for a gun or not, but this happens, It's not all peaches and cream out there. There is some crazy people out there in this world, and if you slip out in the field it could be the end, most officers are not acting outside the scope of their job.

RingoBerry

Oh now I see why. I commented on another post with this same video on it and I think it didn't mention about the guy was there because he was threatening someone nearby. I always thought the cop just happened to notice him. Now its clear as to why that other guy really ran. What happened was justified even if the turnout was violent.

westmixxin

There seems to be a lot of that going on around here it's almost as if these officers are playing too many video games maybe we need to monitor their Xbox usage.

mairj23

Where was the gun? This looks like another case of a racist officer, shooting a black man for no reason. I bet this cop will get off scott free and retains his job. This country just hate black people for some strange reason.

SF13

This isn't s clear cut as some might think. I hate how videos come out that show only part of the situation. I can't say if the officer was in the right here, but from what I've heard about this, he was actually there because the other man had been communicating threats to someone.

If they found a gun on him then I could say it was justified. But as for the video, it is almost impossible for me to tell. All I can see is him bending down. As for him threatening some one I didn't see that video.. It is just a shame someone had to die.

Gabe

It was a genuine threat being responded to so the officer had to use reasonable means under the circumstances. It's hard to tell if a suspect has a concealed weapon or not, but by fleeing, one should expect force to be taken and to be shot at.

Josie

I can't judge it, it's blurred. Not my place anyway. I just want to say how awesome it is that this cop was wearing a camera.. they ALL should.