Police say drug induced mom nearly drowns children

Rainman

A mother who was bathing her infant kids fell asleep while bathing the children and they almost ended up being drowned.

[she] confessed that " her negligence which included drug abuse ... may have contributed to the near drowning."

But that's not all. The children tested positive for cocaine, meth and marijuana. It's not clear whether the kids were exposed to the drugs when before they were born or after they were born. Authorities are considering taking the children into protective custody.

Gabe

Many accidents happen when children are having a bath, but there seems to be an abundance of parents who under the influence who supposed to be responsible. I wonder how the children had the drugs in the system. I think they should be taken into care, because they are at risk from many things. Possibly they could have inhaled the drug fumes, which means they are exposed to drug use on a regular basis.

missbishi

So these kids had drugs in theiy system (presumably through inhaling fumes or particles) yet the authorities are only CONSIDERING placing them in protective custody? Why on earth weren't they removed as soon as this incident was uncovered?

DancingLady

Considering? Um, these children need to be taken into a safe, clean environment and put on a detox diet immediately to get the drugs and toxins out of their system as soon as possible!! What are they thinking? This woman at least admits she has a problem, so that's a step in the right direction for her, but she is not capable of being a responsible parent at this time because of her drug problem. She needs to go through treatment and get into a support group and be stable in a drug free lifestyle before she is able to be a good parent.

dyanmarie25

It just proves that taking drugs and other harmful substances will never cause any good in someone's life, rather, it would just worsen things up. I think people like that woman should never be allowed to have custody of their children since they couldn't even take care of themselves. What good examples mothers like those ones would set to their children?

marcamm

I'm not surprised; she's on drugs. Any sane people could do insane things, and all decent people can be indecent due to the effects of drugs. That is the thing on drugs: They make you do things you could never imagine you can do. Drugs in general are not dangerous, it is when people abuse, overuse, and misuse them you see their devastating potential.

So all people out there: If your curious, don't be anymore. Don't go inside a dark cave unless you know you are sure you can get out - which we aren't. So AVOID at all cost.

thegrey1

So these kids had drugs in theiy system (presumably through inhaling fumes or particles) yet the authorities are only CONSIDERING placing them in protective custody? Why on earth weren't they removed as soon as this incident was uncovered?
Exactly my question!!! This is pure crap! This miserable excuse for a mother should lose her kids forever!

JoanMcWench

The drugs seem to be a damning factor in this whether it were a real accident or something drug induced. Primarily because of the admittance. It's hard to come back from that. You're responsible for drug use whether it was the day of the mistake or a week before.

Patrick

I think it's a no-brainer that the mother is not suited to raising children. Giving up custody should happen as soon as possible so that the children do not have to suffer any longer.