Policeman Pays For Single Father He Caught Shoplifting Baby Formula

Onthemark

People see us driving black and white cars and a lot of times that makes them think we enforce laws that are just black and white, but they're not, said London Police Chief Derek House. Sometimes there's a gray area and I trust my officers to do what's right.

[video=youtube_share;WQme0umROGw]http://youtu.be/WQme0umROGw[/video]

mrsbright

I read it wrong at first and thought that the policeman had "made him pay" (punished) him for stealing baby formula and I just felt bad for the poor man.

But then I reread it and felt very happy about this story! It is very uplifting that some people understand that it's not that everyone is a criminal who wants to hurt others and make trouble, but rather people who don't have resources and who make risky choices. It does not make them bad people!

missbishi

This is a heartwarming story. It's really good to hear something positive about the police for once - they're not all bad guys you know!

RingoBerry

Now that is something. That's probably the best way that good officer could have taught that man a very valuable lesson - much better than what he could have gotten from being thrown in jail. Thank you for sharing the video!

Profit5500

Now that is something. That's probably the best way that good officer could have taught that man a very valuable lesson - much better than what he could have gotten from being thrown in jail. Thank you for sharing the video!
I am completely relieved that the man who was caught was not thrown in jail. Most of the time the cop just throws the person jail and read them their rights. This police officer just performed an act of random kindness.