Psychological profiling and minority report

Grimp

Do you think the future of policing will become inevitably more like minority report? Where computers can be used to analyse the psychology of a person, delve into their mind and predict their future behaviour? The UK government seeks to change the human rights bill, do you think they will attempt to move things this way?

tanker

The government always attempts to get more power, the people attempt to fight back against it. Eventually there will be a balance in the middle. The thing that everyone forgets is how much will all of this new technogly cost and who is going to pay for it. Policing is a lot more expensive then it used to be.

Grimp

The government always attempts to get more power, the people attempt to fight back against it. Eventually there will be a balance in the middle. The thing that everyone forgets is how much will all of this new technogly cost and who is going to pay for it. Policing is a lot more expensive then it used to be.

Hmm, I think you are being too presumptuous here, I think there is potential for things to be greatly unbalanced, you only have to look back in the past, for example the Nazis, Soviet Russia, Communist Romania, to see that there is huge potential for abuse, and that people are very willing to go out of their way to restrict others lives.

Gabe

Psychological profiling is already used in cases of serial murders and also cold cases. I did a course on criminal and psychological profiling so there are various methods used and data has been built up and established around the world. It's still more theoretical, but the research has proven to be correct in the majority of cases and with shows like CSI and also the internet, it is easier for someone to evade detection.