Reporter quits on-air to pursue marijuana activism

helaofthenorns

At the end of a local news report on marijuana on KTVA 11 in Anchorage Alaska, reporter Charlo Greene quit on live television with a nonchalant yet potent missive: “F–k it, I quit.â€Greene revealed herself to be the owner of the very cannabis club she was reporting on, and said, “Now, everything you’ve heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska. And as for this job—well, not that I have a choice—but f–k it, I quit.†Greene shrugged and left her fellow anchor fumbling for words.

Talk about fighting for your principles, right? At least she has the guts to quit for something she believes in.

Read here.

Profit5500

That is just plain old dumb. You are going to quit your job over marijuana that means now you are unemployed. Even if she's a good activist I still would not have quit my job over drugs.

Muthoni

I hope that she waited to be paid before she quit. The money she had earned will help her in her course. I understand the power of passion; I left my well paying job to pursue it. I wish her luck as she pursues her calling; it takes major guts.

Profit5500

I hope that she waited to be paid before she quit. The money she had earned will help her in her course. I understand the power of passion; I left my well paying job to pursue it. I wish her luck as she pursues her calling; it takes major guts.
What well paying job did you have before? I don't have a well paying job right now and I wish that I did so I can claim my independence. However you should leave the job when you get paid and make sure you got enough money in the bank to pursue your dreams.

GemmaRowlands

Well, I think that this was a very silly thing to do - particularly when she was live on air - because you now have proof that she is committing a crime, and she is almost certain to be prosecuted by the police for it. People like this seem to think that by making a stand they are doing something great for the things that they believe in, but this is not always the case. Given what has happened, I truly believe that this woman will have done herself more harm than good, which is a complete shame because she was probably very good and talented in the career that she was in.

LuckyGirl08

She stood up for what she believes in and I think that is great. I think that if she did not have to do the report on her club then she would not have quit her job. Hopefully she is making more money with her marijuana club then she was making as a reporter.