SC Parents Accused Of Child Abuse

Anthony

Super Moderator
scparents.jpg
South Carolina parents are facing charges after authorities discovered their six kids living in filth, covered with fleas, lice and bug bites, according to the Wellford police.
Authorities were notified when the staff at Jackson Hill Baptist Church noticed bug bites all over the children.
Police went the home to check on the welfare of the children. They found the children living in deplorable conditions. When they got close to the house, police say it smelled strongly of sewage.
They spotted three pigs living under the home, and when they walked inside, they discovered a fourth pig inside the house along with three dogs.
Police said the house was covered in animal feces and urine the floors. There were cockroaches in all of the rooms, over the walls and floors.
Police say the way it looked and smelled inside was just awful, it made them sick and forced them to open the windows for ventilation.
The kitchen was the worst. Authorities said there were cockroaches and other insects throughout the kitchen, including in the stove and inside the refrigerator.
Police said the bathtub had some water in it. There was dead roaches and insects floating in it.
According to police they said all of the kids were covered with bug bites and had fleas and lice in their hair, including a 23-month-old baby.
All of the kids were immediately placed into emergency protective custody and transferred to Spartanburg Regional Medical Center
Jarrod Wiggins, 41, and Deanna Boubaris, 22, have been arrested and charged with six counts of child neglect. They are in the Spartanburg County Detention Center.
"I feel real bad for the children, these are some good kids and it's a shame they were living in that environment," said a person who did not want be identified.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

I can't understand how people can live like this and treat children this way, it really breaks my heart, glad the police stood up.

Muthoni

When I read this story, I wondered when these parents stopped caring about the welfare of their kids. They have six of them, so to an extent they must like kids. They could have used a family planning method if they did not want any kids. It becomes an extreme case when they bring in pets into this equation. Thankfully the kids are in a safe place right now.