Son Charged With Murdering His Mother with Scissors

Anthony

Super Moderator
studentBadiali.jpg
A 20-year-old UC Santa Cruz student is accused of stabbing his mother to death with scissors and killing three of his family's four dogs.
Joseph Badiali, 20, was charged Tuesday with murder in the slaying of his mother, Rosemary Badiali, 57. He also faces three counts of animal cruelty.
The incident happened around 6:50 p.m. Saturday at a home on the 27000 block of La Porte Avenue, authorities said.
According to police, a neighbor called 911 after Rosemary's 92-year-old mother told her that her grandson had killed her daughter.
"She told me, 'He kill her, he kill her,' and we started crying," said neighbor Elizabeth Jimenez.
Jimenez was on the phone with police, when Joseph Badiali walked up to her.
She asked him if he had killed his mother. "Joseph said something to the effect of, 'Yes, I did it,'" the affidavit said.
When Hayward police Officer Ryan Sprague arrived on the scene he found Badiali in the middle of the road with blood on his hands, legs and shorts, Sprague wrote.
Sprague questioned Badiali where his mother was, he answered, “She’s gone,†the affidavit stated. “I asked Joseph what he meant and he said, 'She’s dead,’†Sprague wrote.
Police searched the residence and found the victim lying face down in a pool of blood in the back of the house, authorities said. She had been stabbed multiple times in the head, authorities added.
The mother was pronounced dead at the scene, as were three Chihuahuas found in the backyard with head injuries.
Joseph Badiali is being held without bail at the Santa Rita Jail. Investigators are still trying to establish a motive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

I don't understand how anger and rage can consume us to a point of killing our own mother with a pair of scissors...

Muthoni

This is the kind of story that makes someone very afraid. If this man can kill his mom and her dogs, what can he do to a random person? It is sad but true that there are very sick people who look normal until they do the unexpected. I hope there is a way to help him.

Gelsemium

Exactly, that guy is dangerous and cannot be set free, he is a danger to every person around him.

SF13

This guy is obviously mentally disturbed and should never see daylight again. Killing someone in a fit of rage happens frequently. Anger to the extent that you murder your own mother and her dogs is just disgusting.

mimsee

Not to defend what he did, because it is terrible and cruel, but there is obviously something wrong with his mind. A normal, sane person does not murder their mother AND their dogs in a fit of rage. If he needs mental help, I hope he gets it, but I also hope he is confined for the safety of others.

Strykstar

The fact that the mother had said he would kill her looks even worse on his accusation, it shows he had probably threatened her, so there was an intent to commit the murder.

warmweatherwoman

I never understood crimes- especially murder against ones own mother?!? How do you get to a point of killing a parent? Maybe I'm just to sane to understand it. If this young man has no history of psychotic behavior they need to check what prescription drugs he may have been on- some of these depression medication will have you thinking all sort of crazy stuff. I know that first hand- which is why I don't do any type of pharmaceuticals anymore.