State Department Soliciting Sex From a Minor Arrested

Rainman

A Department of State Official soliciting sex from a minor was arrested. He'd been communicating with a female detective posing as a minor. Fool that he was, and his judgment clouded by what he expected to get, he walked straight into the trap so to say. Went straight to the address given by the "minor." He was arrested promptly on arrival.

State Department official arrested, accused of soliciting sex from minor - CNN.com

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said she is aware of the case but did not identify the arrested.

"For issues related to Department personnel and for privacy reasons, we are not able to confirm the identity of the individual or specific charges," Psaki said.

"His security clearance will be suspended, and he will be put on administrative leave while this proceeds to its end through any judicial process."
This is what police should be doing all the time - arrest criminals without discrimination. All are equal before the law.

Gabe

Sounds like they had their eye on him and 'entrapped' him. It obviously sounds well prepared but I am sure this isn't the only time it has happened and people have been bought off or people have resigned because of these scandals. I should imagine he may resign soon to avoid too much bad publicity.

Rainman

The damage is already done, I suppose. Even though the State Department didn't name him, the arresting officers named and shamed him. This probably wasn't the first time he was creeping after minors. I suppose all the rumors about many government officials being filthy pedos might be true.

Patrick

I'm hardly surprised that people in positions of wealth and power are exploiting minors. It's great that this scoundrel was caught but there's probably many more people like him getting away scot-free.

stevesxs9

This probably won't be the last incident for this official. These desires and behavior just don't disappear with him getting arrested. Even though he hadn't committed a physical crime, the intent was definitely there. And unless he seeks professional help I believe he will try again and again.

missbishi

This is probably just the latest in a long line of similar offences. Interesting to note that these are the people who listen to our phone calls and read our emails. Hopefully, this will be dealt with in the appropriate manner and not just swept under the carpet in a bid to avoid publicity.

dyanmarie25

It seems like this police officer had been very suspicious to the authority, so they got a minor (female detective) as a bait to him. Nice one.