Stupid Robbers Call 911 on Self!

Rhoda D'Ettore

While in the commission of a robbery, an idiot "butt-dialed" 911. The two robbers went on for 45 minutes discussing how they robbed a house, took items, and got away safe and clean. Little did they know one of their phones pocket dialed 911. The entire confession was recorded as the operators listened. I would imagine this was one of the easiest arrests in history.

Note to idiots: Lock your phone before you commit a crime.

Onionman

They probably weren't at the front of the queue when the brains were being handed out! It's just a shame that more of the idiots don't get caught out the same way.

Muthoni

In my region, we say that a thief has forty days. It means that a thief may be safe stealing for some time until he reaches his 40[SUP]th[/SUP] day. He will get caught on that day however careful he is. The problem with this thief is his desire to brag that he did not bother to check if his phone was on. Soon enough, he will learn that crime does not pay.

shreklock

This is hilarious. Butt-dialing happens to everyone, but this is the worst moment it could happen. I think the thieves are kicking themselves for falling so easily.

Patrick

Wow, I'm surprised the butt-dial number was 911. Most people I know don't set that fast-dial to be emergency numbers, they prefer the convenience of using it to call close friends or family which they often talk to.

Gelsemium

I've been reading a lot of these news lately lol, great help for the police the butt dialers, but it just shows how dumb these guys really are.

shreklock

I've been reading a lot of these news lately lol, great help for the police the butt dialers, but it just shows how dumb these guys really are.
Not just dumb, but really unlucky. Maybe on the next robbery they will accidentally start streaming to youtube or twitch? :D

Gin0710

While in the commission of a robbery, an idiot "butt-dialed" 911. The two robbers went on for 45 minutes discussing how they robbed a house, took items, and got away safe and clean. Little did they know one of their phones pocket dialed 911. The entire confession was recorded as the operators listened. I would imagine this was one of the easiest arrests in history.

Or leave your phone in your car because phones also have GPS. What a couple of idiots. This was obviously their first robbery.

Teens In Crisis

In my region, we say that a thief has forty days. It means that a thief may be safe stealing for some time until he reaches his 40[SUP]th[/SUP] day. He will get caught on that day however careful he is. The problem with this thief is his desire to brag that he did not bother to check if his phone was on. Soon enough, he will learn that crime does not pay.
Where do you live that crime does not pay? Because I see it pay all the time. I see way more people getting away with stuff than I do being caught.

SamClemensMT

That is amazing. They say that criminals aren't too smart, but this takes the cake. Why was 911 on speed dial in this clown's phone anyway.

LongShot

The one thing I kept wondering is how in the world do you butt dial a phone number. Especially, with a smartphone that is touch sensitive. Yet, we still find stupid people who do stupid things who are caught in the most stupidest of ways.

LuckyGirl08

Too funny. I know that the robber was looking crazy when he found out that his "butt" turned him in. He should have had his phone locked of he was going to put it in his back pocket, knowing that he would set down. It is true that most people brag about what they have done and eventually all that bragging catches up to them, but in this case his phone turned him in.

pattycake

That sounds like a work of fiction. LOL!

DancingLady

Can you imagine the faces of the operators listening in on this? That must have been the most incredible silent facial drama ever. Talk about stupid. Yeah, you should lock your phone after every use. They have a tendency to pocket dial random people if you don't.

pattycake

I can't understand how a cell phone can automatically dial 911. And even if it did, why would anyone listen to the call? There's no one on the other end. And when you call the police you automatically have to answer questions. The story sounds made up.