Texas woman with shotgun arrested after standoff

Anthony

Super Moderator
grannygun.jpg
A Texas elderly woman armed with a 12-gauge shotgun, held off a SWAT team for a little over an hour before surrendering.
Eleouise Adcock, 90, who had complained about the construction noise next door was arrested after she kept authorities at bay for about an hour.
Police responded to a 911 call from the construction workers, who told dispatchers the suspect had threatened them with a gun. The standoff started around 12 p.m. When police arrived they found the suspect on her back porch with a shotgun.
Authorities say Adcock was upset with the ongoing construction around her house.
A towing company has bought the land around Adcock’s home. Neighbors said Adcock is the last holdout and refuses to sell her property. “She don’t like what’s going on over there. She don’t want to sell out to these people here,†a neighbor said.
[video=youtube_share;T9YivKahuK0]http://youtu.be/T9YivKahuK0[/video]
"I knew she was going to be on the news eventually," added neighbor Ralph King.
The standoff came to an end after 1 p.m. Officers swarmed the house and surrounded the woman on her back porch. She was taken into custody without incident.
“She was taken into custody as gently as we could,†said Harris County Sheriff's Deputy Thomas Gilliland.
Construction workers told police this wasn't the first time the woman had complained or pointed at gun at them. "Today she got a little more excited and angry about it," said Gilliland.
Adcock was transported by paramedics to a local hospital for an evaluation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

I felt sad for this woman when I read this story. It must be so difficult to start afresh in a new location at her age. There is no excuse for her threatening the contractors with a gun. Change is inevitable and unfortunately sometimes there in no choice but to go with the flow. I hope that the punishment will not be too severe because she did not hurt anyone.

Strykstar

I understand that she doesn't want to move or sell her house, but there's no excuse for threatening the workers with a shotgun, of course she would have to be arrested.