Toddler rescues elderly man locked in hot car, Knoxville, Tennessee

Anthony

Super Moderator
toddler hero.jpg
Bob King was locked inside his car Saturday afternoon because of a faulty switch, he said, as temperatures reached inside the vehicle reached over 120 degrees.
He said the doors on the vehicle automatically lock. "We've had a little problem with the switch on this car about opening up," King said.
He was waiting for his wife to come back from an event at the Vestal Baptist Church.
King had had numerous cancer treatments and also suffered from two strokes in the past six months. He was described as “in very bad shape†and “could barely see anything†by his wife, Jenny King.
He had been in the car for about five minutes when he began to weaken. He began to get nervous because he didn't have the car keys, so he couldn't open the windows or turn on the air conditioner.
King spotted the three year old toddler walking by the car. "I hollered at him, and he just looked at me kind of funny, and I said, 'Yeah, I'm locked in here.'"
The toddler knew exactly what to do. He ran over to his pastor, Jack Greene, and brought him outside to King.
“I was talking to someone and little Keith came behind me and kept saying, ‘Locked, locked, locked,†Greene told reporters.
"He kept pulling at my hand, and I eventually turned around and looked at him and said, 'What's going on?'" Greene said. "And he said, 'Locked, locked!"
The pastor excused himself from the person he was having conversation with and followed the toddler outside.
“When I saw Bob in the car, I said to myself: “Oh my Lord,’†Greene said.
Green said it took him several attempts to get the car door open.
“His whole body was raining sweat. His face was red like a pickled beet,†Greene said. “I asked him three times: ‘Are you OK Bob?’†Greene said.
The pastor asked King if he needed an ambulance. King declined and said he just needed a minute.
Greene brought King inside the air conditioned church and gave him water and fanned him.
Jessie Williams, the toddler's mother, said she was very proud and impressed her son knew what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

What a wonderful thing for a three year old to do, he saved King’s life. This is the kind of generation that every parent would be proud to bring up. What a wonderful world it can become. The people in the public eye must also be of good repute so that those around them can look up to them. This pastor did not ignore this toddler and listened to him; some adults would have found it a bother.